Bermuda Investment Funds Act 2006
Download the Act here
The Bermuda Investment Funds Act 2006 and Related Legislation contains a consolidated version of the Investment Funds Act, incorporating all amendments to date.
The most recent amendments to this Compendium include:
- amendments made to the Fourth Schedule (Fees) to the Bermuda Monetary Authority Act 1969, made by the Bermuda Monetary Authority Amendment Act 2020, operative 19 March 2020
Other recent updates include:
- amendments to the Fifth Schedule to the Companies Act 1981 made by section 74 of the Incorporated Segregated Accounts Companies Act 2019, operative 15 January 2020
- amendments made by the Investment Funds Amendment Act 2019, operative 1 January 2020
- consequential amendments to the Investment Funds Act 2006 made by Schedule 2 to the Fund Administration Provider Business Act 2019, operative 31 December 2019
- and amendments to the Fourth Schedule (Fees) to the Bermuda Monetary Authority Act 1969, Part B – 2020 and Part C – 2021 under the heading Investment Funds Act 2006 made by section 5 of the Bermuda Monetary Authority Amendment Act 2019, operative 31 December 2019, and the Investment Funds Amendment Act 2019 operative 1 January 2020
The following new legislation has been added to this compendium:
- the Investment Funds (Definition) Order 2019, the Investment Fund Rules 2019, the Investment Fund Offering Document Rules 2019, operative 1 January 2020
- the Fund Administration Provider Business Act 2019, operative 31 December 2019
The Bermuda Investment Funds Act Compendium also includes related Rules and Regulations (in some cases, only relevant provisions have been included).
For a complete list of amendments that have been incorporated into the Investment Funds Act 2006 Compendium and related legislation, please refer to the Table of Statutes.
This Compendium does not contain the various forms and filings prescribed by the Act. These are available upon request to Conyers Dill & Pearman.
This compendium is intended for informational purposes only. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the legislation and related material, and it is believed that the only errors are those contained in the official legislation itself (which errors have been faithfully reproduced), no responsibility is assumed for the content. Reference should be made to the official versions of the legislation for an authoritative statement of the law and any subsequent amendments. Nothing in this compendium is to be considered as creating an attorney-client relationship or indeed any contractual relationship or as rendering legal or professional advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. No client or reader should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content within this document without first obtaining matter-specific legal and/or professional advice. Conyers accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever incurred, which may result from accessing or reliance on this content.
Conyers Dill & Pearman
DOWNLOAD THE ACT HERE