BVI Securities & Investment Business Act 2010
DOWNLOAD THE ACT HERE
The BVI Securities and Investment Business Act contains a consolidated version of the British Virgin Islands Securities and Investment Business Act, 2010 as amended.
The most recent legislative amendment to this compendium includes:
- an amendment made by Regulation 2(a) of the Financial Services (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 to the Schedule to the Financial Services (Fees) Regulations, 2010, in force 1 July 2020.
Prior legislative updates include:
- the Public Funds (Amendment) Code, 2020 which amended section 15 of the Code, in force 31 December 2019
- amendments made by the Securities and Investment Business (Amendment) Act, 2019, in force 31 December 2019; except for section 3, which inserted section 14A, in force on 1 July 2020
Other legislative updates in force 31 December 2019 include:
- the Financial Services (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019.
- the Financial Services (Miscellaneous Exemptions) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019.
- the Mutual Funds (Foreign Funds) Regulations, 2019.
- the Mutual Funds (Amendment) Regulations, 2019.
- the Private Investment Funds Regulations, 2019.
- the Securities and Investment Business (Incubator and Approved Funds) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019.
This compendium is intended for informational purposes only. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the legislation and related material, and it is believed that the only errors are those contained in the official legislation itself (which errors have been faithfully reproduced), no responsibility is assumed for the content. Reference should be made to the official versions of the legislation for an authoritative statement of the law and any subsequent amendments. Nothing in this compendium is to be considered as creating an attorney-client relationship or indeed any contractual relationship or as rendering legal or professional advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. No client or reader should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content within this document without first obtaining matter-specific legal and/or professional advice. Conyers accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever incurred, which may result from accessing or reliance on this content.
Conyers Dill & Pearman
British Virgin Islands
DOWNLOAD THE ACT HERE