Ali Low is an Associate in the Corporate department in the Cayman office of Conyers. She advises clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters with a focus on banking and finance, IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, and investment funds. She has particular experience in both debt and equity capital market transactions including IPOs and business combination transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs). Ali also specializes in banking and finance, acting for clients in relation to financings of various types and structures, including syndicated facilities, asset and debt financings, capital markets transactions and acquisition finance matters.
Ali oversees all matters involving investments funds, including the below highlights:
- Advising on the structuring and formation on a number of master feeder structures and parallel private equity fund vehicles for Lazard Asset Management.
- Providing regular, on-going legal advice to IFM on investments in respect to their leading global multi-billion dollar infrastructure fund, ranging from capital raising, financing, acquisition, and divestments.
- Advising on structure and formation for a number of venture capital / private equity funds for ICONiQ.
- Providing on-going advice and advising on the formation and operation of new venture capital funds for Craft Ventures and Mayfield.
- Advising EIG Global Energy Partners on the formation of a private equity fund investing in energy-related investments.
Clients that Ali has represented include, among others, Lazard Asset Management, ICONiQ Capital, IFM, Greenoaks, Citibank, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo Bank, Fortress Investment Group, EIG Global Energy Partners, Craft Ventures, Wasatch Investment Advisors, Left Lane, Radian Capital and Mayfield.
- Advised Marti Technologies Inc. on Cayman Islands legal matters, in its merger with Galata Acquisition Corp.
- Advised Harbour Energy plc in connection with its offering of $500 million five-year U.S. Dollar-denominated senior notes
- Advised Brazilian facial biometrics and digital admission company, Acesso Digital, on the Cayman Islands legal aspects of its US$ 107.5 million funding round led by General Atlantic and SoftBank
- Advised Chrysaor on its share merger with Premier Oil plc creating the largest independent oil and gas company to be listed on the London Stock Exchange
Prior to joining Conyers, Ali was involved in the following matters:
- Advising Onex Corporation in its agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN$5 billion.
- Advising a fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with its sale of the Halterm Container Terminal, the largest container terminal in Eastern Canada, to Singapore-based PSA International Pte Ltd.
- Advising a fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with its sale of Penn Terminals.
- Advising TA Associates Management in its C$230M acquisition of Marc Anthony Cosmetics Inc.
- Advising Canexus Corporation in its C$900M acquisition by Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund.
- The syndicate of underwriters in Enerflex Ltd.’s bought-deal public offering of common shares for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $115M
- Associate, Goodmans LLP (Toronto, Canada)
- Associate, Stikeman Elliott LLP (Toronto, Alberta and UK)
- University of Toronto Law School, Masters in Business Law, LLM, 2015 (Dean’s List)
- University of London, Bachelor of Laws, LLB, 2014 (1st)
- Queen’s University, Bachelor of Arts (Honours, Political Economy), 2006 (Dean’s List)
- London School of Economics, Political Economy, 2005 (1st)
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-law, 2020
- Alberta Bar (2016)
- Ontario Bar (2017)