Allana-J Joseph is an Associate in the Litigation and Restructuring Department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the British Virgin Islands. Her practice covers cross border commercial litigation including insolvency proceedings, shareholder disputes and trust litigation.
Allana-J has appeared as both lead counsel, and junior counsel to leading QC’s in commercial matters before the High Court, Commercial Court and Court of Appeal of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court. Prior to moving to the BVI, Allana-J worked in Saint Lucia with a focus on banking and debt collection.
- Representing companies in relation to applications to restore companies to the register and terminations of liquidations
- Advising trust companies in relation to corporate powers of BVI Companies
- Appearing as junior counsel alongside both QC and English counsel on complex commercial law disputes
- Advising and representing private clients on interlocutory relief applications
- Advising on matters of BVI labour law and appearing as junior counsel before the Labour Arbitration Tribunal
- Associate, SABALS LAW, British Virgin Islands
- Associate, Peter I. Foster & Associates, St. Lucia
- University of Cambridge (Darwin College), Master of Corporate Laws, 2015
- BPP University, Bar Professional Training Course, 2013
- University of Kent, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)(First Class Honours), 2012
- Virgin Islands, Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, 2016
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, Saint Lucia, 2013
- England & Wales, 2013 (not currently practicing)