Christopher Smith is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the British Virgin Islands.
Christopher has a broad corporate practice, advising on all forms of domestic and international corporate transactions. He also advises clients on company law, corporate governance and other general advisory and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Conyers, Christopher worked as an associate in the corporate departments of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (London) and Slaughter and May, and also spent time in commercial department of Charles Russell Speechlys LLP.
- Advised a merchant bank in relation to its investment in a high profile real estate development project in Mexico.
- Advised a US-based client in relation to its acquisition of a UK business (operating in the UK and Australia).
- Advised a high net worth individual on their acquisition of a steel manufacturing facility and steel mill in Greece.
- Advised a consortium of Chinese investors on their proposed acquisition of a Formula 1 team.
- Advised The International Tennis Federation on its 25-year, $3bn partnership with Kosmos to transform the Davis Cup.
- Associate, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, London
- Associate, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP, London
- Associate, Slaughter and May, London
- Trainee Solicitor, Slaughter and May, London and Brussels
- De Montfort University, PgCert Sport Law, 2019
- BPP Law School, PgDip Legal Practice, 2014
- Salford University, LLB (Hons) Law, 2012
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2016