Marie Stewart is an Associate in the British Virgin Islands Litigation and Restructuring practice. Marie advises on a wide range of international commercial disputes and is experienced in litigation and arbitration.
Marie regularly advises on cases involving fraud, contractual disputes, shareholder disputes and insolvency proceedings.
Prior to joining Conyers in June 2022, Marie was an Associate in the London office of an international law firm.
- Representing three of 17 Defendants in a complex, multi-jurisdictional fraud claim worth approximately US$2 billion. The claimants alleged unlawful conspiracy, fraudulent misrepresentations, forgery, concealed transactions, transactions at an undervalue and deceit.
- Defending a Maltese company in arbitration proceedings commenced by a Cayman Islands company concerning a contractual interpretation dispute.
- Defending directors of a company against claims brought by joint administrators relating to transactions defrauding creditors, transactions at an undervalue, preference, unjust enrichment and restitution, breach of substantial property transaction provisions and breach of duty.
- Advising a director and shareholder at the pre-action stage in relation to an unfair prejudice claim and reaching resolution of the dispute at mediation.
- Seeking urgent injunctive relief to prevent a former director from working for a major competitor in breach of restrictive covenants.
- Associate – CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP, London, UK
- Associate – Eversheds Sutherland LLP, Leeds, UK
- Trainee Solicitor – Watson Burton LLP, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- University of Law, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, 2014
- Newcastle University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), 2012
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2022
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2016 (not currently practicing)
Insights & Resources
Deals & Cases