Anna-Lise Wisdom is a Partner in the Cayman Islands Corporate practice. Anna-Lise joined Conyers in 2022. Anna-Lise specialises in fund finance, including subscription finance, fund-level finance and management fee facilities.
Anna-Lise regularly acts as Cayman counsel to leading financial institutions active in the North American and other markets in credit facilities ranging from tens of millions to billions of dollars in lender commitments. She also has significant experience in ship finance, investment fund formation and in capital markets transactions.
Anna-Lise has been rated as a “rising star” in banking and financial services in the IFLR1000 rankings since 2019 and has been recognised in The Legal 500 Caribbean rankings since 2015. Anna-Lise has been Recognised in the 2022 edition of Chambers Global (corporate finance). Clients highlight her as having “an excellent fund finance practice” and “a calming force on transactions.” Anna-Lise has spoken on numerous industry panels, and has lectured in the fund finance space. She has also contributed to Global Legal Insight’s Fund Finance publication. She also regularly participates in industry working groups in respect of funds and fund finance matters.
- Partner, Appleby, Cayman Islands
- Associate, Farara Kerins, British Virgin Islands
- Associate, O’Neal Webster, British Virgin Islands
- University College London – LL.M. (Merit), 2004
- Norman Manley Law School – Legal Education Certificate, 1999
- University of the West Indies – LL.B (Hons), 1997
- University of the West Indies – B.A. French/Spanish (Hons),1994
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2006
- Solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, 1999
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in Chambers and Partners 2023
- Recognised in IFLR 1000 as a Rising Star (2019 – 2021)
- Recognised in Legal 500 Caribbean since (2015 – 2023)
- Committee Member, Diversity in Fund Finance, Fund Finance Association
- Member, Women in Fund Finance, Fund Finance Association
- Working knowledge of Spanish and French
- 2022 Corporate Digest: Notable Deals & Transactions
- Cayman Chapter of Global Legal Insights, Fund Finance, 1st – 5th eds 2017-2021
- The Collateral Package in a Subscription Credit Facility, Terrelex; Connections Q1 2014