The prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing is a critical obligation for all businesses and charitable entities.
Responsibility has been placed in many jurisdictions on intermediaries, such as banks and professional firms, alongside financial and non-financial companies, to report potential instances of money laundering. Approaches to the problem differ, but in order to satisfy their obligations in this regard, many companies have appointed dedicated anti-money laundering (AML) staff and procedures.
Conyers can assist you in reducing your organisation’s exposure to money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions-related risks, and improve your ability to meet regulatory obligations with appropriate strategies and controls, including robust ‘know your client’ (KYC) policies and procedures.
Our legal and fiduciary services include:
- Advice and training on AML best practice and compliance
- Undertaking AML reviews and audits and assisting with remediation projects
- Offering natural persons to act as AML Compliance Officer, Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Deputy MLRO – Cayman only
- Tailored AML compliance manuals
- Providing strategic ‘future-proofing’ advice on AML processes
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting