Rely on your Conyers commercial litigation team for strategic advice on how best to resolve any dispute you might have with optimum outcomes. Where early settlement is best to avoid lengthy and expensive litigation, we will negotiate strongly on your behalf. Should litigation or arbitration be the only way forward, we will progress your case efficiently and keep you informed at all times.
Our lawyers are highly practised advocates. You can rely on the very best representation before courts, arbitration panels and other forums. We are adept at focusing on your commercial objectives and providing pragmatic advice on the legal, commercial and reputational risks that you might face.
We offer seamless service across our network of offices for both local and cross-border disputes and investigations. With lawyers placed around the world with an understanding of their local legal system, you will benefit directly from our comprehensive understanding of the interplay between jurisdictions.
- Acting for a defendant in proceedings involving a conspiracy claim originally brought by a former executive of Equis Group, one of the largest energy infrastructure private equity groups in Asia, against our client and eight other defendants. The dispute involved claims of between US$90 million and US$440 million in investment proceeds.
- Acting for a company involved in highly contentious hotel development at the former US Naval Base in Bermuda in resisting a winding-up petition filed by the Government of Bermuda.
- Acting in complex claims and counterclaims for Renaissance Ventures relating to ownership of an immensely successful and valuable company, Comodo Holdings Limited. Multiple post-judgment measures resulted in further litigation and eventual resolution of the matter.
- Acting as sole counsel in a cryptocurrency dispute for a claimant who lost a large number of bitcoins in a security breach. The matter is believed to be the first cryptocurrency dispute of its kind in the jurisdiction.
- Obtaining discharge of provisional charging orders granted ex parte over a company’s shares.
- Acting for a claimant who was assignee of various claims originally held by a Ukrainian bank against a BVI company and a prominent Ukrainian national, we successfully obtained ex-parte freezing order relief against the defendants in aid of the BVI claim (which alleges breaches of the Ukrainian Civil Code, dishonest assistance and knowing receipt).
- Acting for an international construction equipment manufacturer in claims worth up to US$100 million to recover large debt.
- Representing Luckin Coffee Inc, a Cayman Islands holding company, and the parent company of China’s second largest coffee chain (which is NASDAQ-listed) in the aftermath of allegations that some of its former management had incorrectly accounted for the group’s revenue. This has resulted in heavy litigation in the Cayman Islands and New York, and regulatory proceedings in the USA and China, with claims worth in excess of US$1 billion.
- Advising on a US$150 million dispute between Sky Solar Holdings and Hudson Capital Solar Infrastructure GP., L.P. (in its capacity as general partner of Hudson Solar Cayman LP) involving Cayman Islands, USA, British Virgin Islands, Japan, and Hong Kong.