Longevity & Experience
Conyers’ Private Client and Trust team has a long-established reputation for providing intelligent, dependable advice to some of the world’s wealthiest private clients. Many of our clients have been with us for 40 years or more, because they trust us and value our judgment as one of the most experienced international offshore private client and trust teams in the world.
Our depth of experience allows us not only to deliver a high level of technical advice on trust law and structures in Bermuda, the BVI and the Cayman Islands, but also to add value by sensitively providing creative solutions to the challenging dynamics of managing family and business assets in the complex modern world, across international borders.
Through our global network of offices and close relationships with leading onshore tax and legal advisers, we serve a diverse international group of clients ranging from individuals and families to corporate entities. These include significant net worth and high-profile business owners, family-owned businesses, entrepreneurs, charitable entities and professional trustees.
Conyers has the expertise to meet all your private client needs, from establishing trusts, to restructuring in response to changing tax or family circumstances, to ongoing trust administration. Our private client team is complemented by experienced trust litigators who are regularly involved in substantial trust litigation, acting for trustees, protectors and beneficiaries.
Our services include:
- Dynastic estate planning
- Designating ownership structures of substantial family businesses
- Corporate governance of cross-border structures for private trust companies to bolster the substance of family and business succession planning
- Restructuring trusts to extend the duration of a trust, to improve tax efficiencies or adapt to changes in family circumstances
- Creation of charitable and philanthropic foundations, purpose trusts, employee benefit trusts, BVI VISTA trusts and Cayman STAR trusts
- Advising on fiduciary decision-making and related issues and trustee liability issues
- Advising on regulatory issues affecting trusts
- Prenuptial agreements and protection of trusts from divorce
- Customised reporting solutions for both FATCA and CRS compliance