We professionally handle every aspect of administering your trust, avoiding the need to employ your own staff. Our trust managers can be relied upon to take fiduciary responsibility for beneficiaries’ interests and ensure that all regulatory responsibilities are met. Our emphasis is on close communication, responsiveness, efficiency and dependability. We fully respect our clients’ desire for privacy and the need for strict confidentiality.
Independent of any investment management firms, Conyers Trust Services is very much a “law firm” trust company, specialising in personal service tailored to our clients’ particular requirements. Our close affiliation with the Conyers law firm greatly augments the quality of the trustee services we provide. Access to legal advice from our global network of law offices is readily available and the continuous liaison has built an in-depth understanding of fiduciary principles which apply to our role as a prudent trustee. It also enables Conyers Trust Services to be flexible in decision making and proactive in finding appropriate solutions as circumstances change.
Our trust managers are highly qualified and most are members of recognised professional organisations, including the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and the Institute of Chartered Accountants. We have particular expertise in the administration of private trustee companies, and are also experienced in managing a wide range of entities, including discretionary trusts, fixed interest trusts, charitable and non-charitable purpose trusts and commercial trust structures.
Our professional trustee service includes:
- Working with professional advisors, investment managers and custodians to coordinate and oversee the affairs of the trust and any related companies.
- Keeping proper records and accounts of all trust assets, including expenditures, distributions, income and investment performance
- Approving and recording in minutes all substantive decisions relating to the trust
- Holding at least one formal trustee meeting each year in order to review and consider the accounts, the affairs of the trust and the financial position of the trust as a whole. Our affiliate Conyers Management Services can produce annual financial statements for trusts.
- Ensuring that the trust’s business is conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements, including Know-Your-Customer rules, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing procedures and beneficial ownership reporting.
Disclaimer: Conyers Trust Company (Bermuda) Limited is authorised to conduct trust business by the Bermuda Monetary Authority.