Your Conyers team of fraud and asset tracing specialists combines experts drawn from our commercial, criminal litigation and regulatory groups to offer comprehensive, effective and swift action in response to fraud, and to protect or recover assets. We provide global coverage and seamless service across all our offices, ensuring your requirements are met whenever and wherever you need us.
Specifically, we act for claimants and defendants in corporate fraud and asset tracing claims. We have experience in obtaining emergency freezing and disclosure orders and conducting and coordinating national and international fraud investigations, as well as resisting claims. We have extensive experience of identifying the perpetrators and causes of a fraud and then pursuing, securing and preserving information and assets, often in a number of jurisdictions.
Our advice covers:
- banking fraud
- corporate fraud
- mortgage fraud and letter of credit fraud
- asset tracing, civil search orders and freezing orders
- private prosecutions
- extradition and transfers to avoid creditors and criminal seizure
- offshore trust disputes, trustee charging, removal and retirement of trustees and sham trusts
- disputed settlements and Wills disputes
- breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty
- undue influence, mental capacity and incapacity issues
- Acting for Renaissance in recovery of missing reinsurance funds/fraud/asset recovery.
- Representing Hong Kong trustees to obtain foreign assistance relief from the BVI Court under the Insolvency Act, in order to trace and recover real property located in Hong Kong held through BVI companies for the benefit of creditors of a Bankruptcy Estate.
- Representing PJSC National Bank Trust in the context of US$800 million multi-jurisdictional litigation and attempts to recover assets held in a Cayman Islands trust.