Beverly Cheung is a Senior Associate in the Hong Kong Corporate practice. She joined Conyers in 2017.
Beverly has experience in advising PRC and multinational clients on project and structured financing, debt capital markets, corporate restructuring, initial public offerings and all other aspects of corporate and commercial matters involving BVI, Cayman Islands and Bermuda companies. Beverly has also advised a number of listed companies on offshore regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining Conyers, Beverly had particular experience in ship finance transactions, including preparing loan and security documentation for financial institutions and advising on domestic and cross-border finance structures. She also acted for ship owners on ship registration matters and the sale and purchase of second-hand vessels.
Beverly passed the inaugural Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Legal Professional Examination in 2021.
Beverly has been recognised on the ALB Hong Kong Rising Stars 2023 list by Asian Legal Business as one of Hong Kong’s top 30 next generation lawyers who have demonstrated great potential in the industry, while earning wide acclaim from their clients in the process.
- Frequently advises Agile Property Holdings Limited on the debt issuance of high yield senior notes, sustainable notes, convertible debt and perpetual bond issues, as well as syndicated financing transactions, involving complex cross border multi-jurisdiction third party security package and intercreditor arrangements.
- Advising Lufax Holding Ltd in connection with it is US$2.36 billion IPO (NYSE).
- Advising on the acquistion by Kingsoft Cloud Holdings Limited (NASDAQ), a leading independent cloud service provider in China, with its acquisition of a controlling interest in Camelot Employee Scheme Inc (NASDAQ) to make a major strategic move in its Enterprise Cloud Services through two initial mergers and a final acquisition merger (RMB 5 billion).
- Advising China Resources Microelectronics Limited on its first red-chip listing on the Sci-Tech Innovation Board of the Shanghai Stock Exchange, or SSE STAR Market.
- Advising TPG Global and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board on its award-winning acquisition of 35% of Dream Cruises.
- Advising Ebang International Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ) following its US listing as an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 and its follow on offers for sale of shares and share purchase warrants.
- Advising Ocean Line Port Development Limited on its initial public offering on the GEM Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Frequently advising Yuexiu Property Company Limited in connection with its registration and issue of bonds on the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors.
- Acting for Noble Group Limited on its US$3.5 billion global restructuring.
- Acting for major Hong Kong and PRC lenders on onshore and offshore loan financing.
- Associate, Mayer Brown, Hong Kong
- Trainee Solicitor, Mayer Brown, Hong Kong
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- University of Bristol, LLB
- Republic of Ireland, Solicitor, 2022
- New South Wales, Australia, Solicitor, 2021
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2019
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2019
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2018
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2013
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as “Hong Kong Rising Stars 2023” by Asian Legal Business Magazine