Ernest Bickley is a Legal Manager in the Hong Kong office. He joined the Asia Disputes & Restructuring Group (ADRG) in 2021.
Ernest specializes in a broad range of contentious matters, with a particular focus on commercial litigation and restructuring and insolvency claims.
Ernest has now passed the Solicitors Qualifying Examination 1 and Solicitors Qualifying Examination 2 and will be eligible for admission to the roll of solicitors in England and Wales in January 2024.
- Acted for the Plaintiff in Wing Lung Bank v Luk Wing Yan  HKCFI 279 – a $30 million HKD claim against a Hong Kong retail bank for fraud, negligence and vicarious liability.
- Acted for a major international mobile internet network company in its application for an injunction restraining the presentation of a winding-up petition in the Cayman Islands.
- Advised a creditor on cross-border winding-up and enforcement of security against two Cayman Islands companies with assets located in Japan.
- Advised on the final distribution, voluntary liquidation and strike-off of the Lone Alpha Capital Management Master Fund holding entities in the Cayman Islands.
- Appeared in the Hong Kong Lands Tribunal on behalf of a local charity in a dispute over its business premises.
- Mini-pupil, Andrew Liao SC’s Chambers (6-months)
- Law LLB, St. Aidan’s College, Durham University, 2020
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2023