Ernest Bickley is a Paralegal in the Hong Kong office of Conyers. He joined the Asia Disputes & Restructuring Group (“ADRG”) in 2021.
Ernest specializes in a broad range of contentious matters, with a particular focus on commercial litigation and restructuring and insolvency claims.
- Acted for the Plaintiff in Wing Lung Bank v Luk Wing Yan  HKCFI 279 – a $30 million HKD claim against a Hong Kong retail bank for fraud, negligence and vicarious liability.
- Acted for a major international mobile internet network company in its application for an injunction restraining the presentation of a winding-up petition in the Cayman Islands.
- Advised a creditor on cross-border winding-up and enforcement of security against two Cayman Islands companies with assets located in Japan.
- Advised on the final distribution, voluntary liquidation and strike-off of the Lone Alpha Capital Management Master Fund holding entities in the Cayman Islands.
- Appeared in the Hong Kong Lands Tribunal on behalf of a local charity in a dispute over its business premises.
- Mini-pupil, Andrew Liao SC’s Chambers (6-months)
- Law LLB, St. Aidan’s College, Durham University, 2020
Insights & Resources
20 Dec 2022 - Dispute Resolution & Insolvency | Private Client & TrustEstate Administration in the British Virgin Islands: the Relevant Factors for the Removal of an Administrator or Executor
Deals & Cases
13 Sep 2021King Bun Limited and Others v. Lau Man Sang, James and Others Claim No. BVIHCM 2017/086
23 Jul 2021Illegality as a defence under Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, and Bermuda law: a comparison with English law and Hong Kong law
28 Jun 2021BVI Court of Appeal clarifies key principles for recoverability of costs
25 Mar 2021BVI Court Orders Committal of Judgment Debtor Resident in Hong Kong: An Affirmation of the Commercial Court’s Pro-Enforcement Approach
Enforcement of Judgments