Jacqueline King is a Director in the Bermuda Corporate department of Conyers. She joined Conyers in 2012 and her practice includes all aspects of corporate law, with a particular focus on insurance law and regulation.
Jacqueline specializes in the licensing and ongoing regulation of insurance companies and regularly advises on mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and direct listings, equity and debt financing as well as private placements.
- Acted for Conduit Holdings Limited on its IPO on the London Stock Exchange and the establishment of its Class 4 insurer, Conduit Reinsurance Limited.
- Acted for Sirius International Insurance Group on its combination with ThirdPoint Reinsurance Ltd.
- Acting for Watford Holdings Ltd. on its pending acquisition by Arch Capital Group Ltd.
- Acted for the Carlyle Group on its acquisition of a majority stake in Fortitude Group Holdings, which holds the Bermuda registered Class 4 and Class E insurer, Fortitude Reinsurance Company Ltd.
- Acted for Watford Holdings Ltd. on its direct listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market.
- Acted for investment manager Apollo Global Management LLC on their acquisition of Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2.6 billion.
- Acted for Sirius International Insurance Group Ltd. in its US$2.2 billion market capitalization initial public offering via its business combination with Easterly Acquisition Corp
- Acted for AXA SA in its US$15.3 billion acquisition of XL Group
- Acted for Sompo Holdings, Inc. on its US$6.3 billion acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
- BPP Law School, London, Legal Practice Course, 2011
- University of Kent, LLB (Hons), 2010
- University of Kent, LLM, 2008
- Acadia University, BA, 2007
- Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 2013
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2023 edition (and since 2019) of Legal 500 Caribbean (insurance)
- Bermuda Bar Association