Jacqueline King is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the Bermuda office. She joined Conyers in 2012 and her practice includes all aspects of corporate law, with a particular focus on insurance law and regulation.
Jacqueline specializes in incorporating and licensing insurers and reinsurers, including special purpose insurers, catastrophe bonds, sidecars, segregated account companies and large commercial insurers. Jacqueline also advises on all aspects of general corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, the formation and regulation of cryptocurrency and digital token vehicles, initial coin offerings, re-domestications and private placements.
- Acting for AXA SA in its pending US$15.3 billion acquisition of XL Group
- Acted for Sompo Holdings, Inc. on its US$6.3 billion acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
- Acted for iCash Ltd. in connection with its formation and the development and creation of iCash, a new Ethereum blockchain-based token.
- Acted for Unikrn Bermuda Ltd. in connection with its formation and US$31 million digital token sale.
- Acted for OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. and White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. in connection with the US$1.7 billion acquisition of OneBeacon by Intact Financial Corporation.
- Advised Sirius International Group on the issuance of SEK 2.75 billion (approximately US$340 million) floating rate callable subordinated notes, due 2047, the largest SEK insurance hybrid issuance to date.
- Advised Jazz Investments I Limited, a Bermuda company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc, on its private placement of US$575 million aggregate principal amount of its 1.875% exchangeable senior notes due 2021 to several investment banks acting as initial purchasers who subsequently resold the notes to various qualified institutional buyers.
- BPP Law School, London, Legal Practice Course, 2011
- University of Kent, LLB (Hons), 2010
- University of Kent, LLM, 2008
- Acadia University, BA, 2007
- Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 2013