Jonathan O’Mahony is Counsel in the Litigation and Restructuring department of the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Jonathan joined Conyers in 2018 from Three Stone Chambers in London, UK. As a Barrister, Jonathan has a broad general commercial litigation background with an emphasis on business disputes and professional negligence, company, partnership, insolvency, property and trusts of land litigation.
Jonathan’s clients include private companies, insolvency practitioners, limited partnerships as well as individuals in a range of commercial fields. Jonathan has appeared in the County Court, the High Court and Court of Appeal in the UK. Having practiced at the English Bar since 2000, he has significant expertise in providing litigation advisory and advocacy services. He also has experience in other forms of dispute settlement including arbitration involving multiple jurisdictions and mediation.
Jonathan has lectured extensively on company, insolvency and property litigation.
- 3 Stone Buildings, Barrister, 2015-2018
- 9 Stone Buildings, Barrister, 2006-2015
- 199 Strand, Barrister, 2004-2006
- Slaughter & May, Associate, 2003 -2004
- Barlow Lyde & Gilbert, Associate, 2001-2003
- 4 Field Court, Pupil Barrister, 2000-2001
- Inns of Court School of Law, BVC, 2000
- City University, GDL, 1999
- St John’s College Cambridge, MPhil European Studies, 1996
- Trinity College Dublin, BA History, 1995
- The Inner Temple, 2000
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2020 edition (and 2019) of Global Restructuring Review 100
- Chancery Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Bar Association, Member
- Property Bar Association, Member
News & Insights
Deals & Cases