The Limited Partnership Act Compendium contains a consolidated version of the BVI Limited Partnership Act, Revised Edition 2020 (as amended) together with the Limited Partnership Regulations, Revised Edition 2020 (as amended) and the Financial Services (Limited Partnership Fees) Regulations, Revised Edition 2020 (as amended), and incorporates all amendments to-date.
The most recent legislative update includes:
- amendments to section 108 of the Limited Partnership Act, Revised Edition 2020 made by the Limited Partnership (Amendment) Act, 2023, in force 22 March 2023
Other legislative updates include:
- changes and updates to the legislation as set out in the recent 2020 revisions for the following laws: the Limited Partnership Act, the Limited Partnership Regulations , and the Financial Services (Limited Partnership Fees) Regulations.
- the addition of the Limited Partnership (Restricted Limited Partnership Names) Notice, 2021, effective 12 August 2021
- Schedule of the Financial Services (Limited Partnership Fees) Regulations, 2018 made by the Financial Services (Limited Partnership Fees) (Amendment) Regulations, 2021, in force 1 July 2021
- amendment to section 93 of the Limited Partnership Act, 2017 made by the Limited Partnership (Amendment) Act, 2019, in force on 24 December 2019.
This compendium is intended for informational purposes only. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the legislation and related material, and it is believed that the only errors are those contained in the official legislation itself (which errors have been faithfully reproduced), no responsibility is assumed for the content. Reference should be made to the official versions of the legislation for an authoritative statement of the law and any subsequent amendments. Nothing in this compendium is to be considered as creating an attorney-client relationship or indeed any contractual relationship or as rendering legal or professional advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. No client or reader should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content within this document without first obtaining matter-specific legal and/or professional advice. Conyers accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever incurred, which may result from accessing or reliance on this content.
Conyers British Virgin Islands