Bermuda Companies Act 1981
DOWNLOAD THE ACT HERE
The Bermuda Companies Act contains a consolidated version of the Companies Act 1981, incorporating all amendments to date.
The most recent legislative updates include:
- amendments to the Companies Act 1981 made by the Companies (Ratification of Deferred Returns, Fees and Taxes) Amendment Act 2020, operative 15 July 2020
- the Bermuda Bar Amendment Act 2020, operative 29 June 2020
Other recent amendments include:
- amendments made by the Digital Asset Issuance Act 2020, operative 6 May 2020
- the insertion of section 132R into the Companies Act 1981, and paragraph D into the Fifth Schedule to the Companies Act 1981 by section 74 of the Incorporated Segregated Accounts Companies Act 2019, operative 15 January 2020
- consequential amendments to sections 98C and 98D of the Companies Act 1981 made by Schedule 2 to the Investment Funds Amendment Act 2019, operative 1 January 2020
- amendments to the Companies Act 1981 made by the Economic Substance Amendment (No. 2) Act 2019, operative 24 December 2019
Previous legislative updates include consequential amendments to sections 120 and 129 of the Companies Act 1981 made by the Economic Development Amendment Act 2019, operative 1 November 2019, amendments to the Government Fees Regulations 1976, Head 16 of the Companies Act 1981 made by the Government Fees Amendment Regulations 2019, operative 1 April 2019, and the addition of The International Stock Exchange to the list of Appointed Stock Exchanges, 6 May 2019.
This Compendium does not, however, contain (i) the various forms and filings prescribed by the Act and (ii) The Companies Winding-Up Rules 1982; these are available on request, please contact us.
In addition, further regulations apply to companies carrying on (i) insurance business, (ii) investment fund or investment fund administration business, or (iii) trust business.
More information and/or separate consolidations of applicable legislation are available on request.
This compendium is intended for informational purposes only. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the legislation and related material, and it is believed that the only errors are those contained in the official legislation itself (which errors have been faithfully reproduced), no responsibility is assumed for the content. Reference should be made to the official versions of the legislation for an authoritative statement of the law and any subsequent amendments. Nothing in this compendium is to be considered as creating an attorney-client relationship or indeed any contractual relationship or as rendering legal or professional advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. No client or reader should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content within this document without first obtaining matter-specific legal and/or professional advice. Conyers accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever incurred, which may result from accessing or reliance on this content.
Conyers Dill & Pearman
Revised: July 2020
DOWNLOAD THE ACT HERE