Britt Smith is an Associate in the Litigation and Restructuring practice in the Bermuda office. She has experience in contentious trust matters, contentious restructuring and insolvency, and complex commercial litigation and arbitration. She advises and acts for trustees, protectors and beneficiaries in respect of offshore trusts and estates; directors, creditors, shareholders and liquidators in the offshore financial services market; and parties to large commercial disputes. She is accustomed to managing complex, high-value litigation.
Prior to joining Conyers in 2019, Britt practised at Baker McKenzie in their tier 1 Dispute Resolution and Insolvency team, and at a leading offshore firm in the Cayman Islands. Britt earned her legal qualifications from the University of New South Wales (Juris Doctor, Hons., Class 1) and the Australian National University (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice). She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree, and has a specialist accreditation in insolvency law.
- University of Technology Sydney, Australia (in partnership with the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association): Advanced Certification, Restructuring and Insolvency (2016)
- Australian National University: G. Dip Legal Practice (2014)
- University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia: Juris Doctor (2013) (First Class Honors, Truman Hoyle Prize for Best Performing Student in stage 3)
- Columbia University, New York: Law (Summer 2012, visiting student)
- La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia: BA, Journalism (2005)
- Bermuda (2021)
- Cayman Islands (2017) (non-practising)
- Australia (2014) (non-practising)
News & Insights
Deals & Cases