Eric Flaye is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in London.
Eric has a broad corporate practice with particular expertise and interest in private investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures.
Eric has acted for many notable PE/VC sponsor groups on numerous fundraising, transactional and restructuring matters. He also has extensive experience with carried interest plans and management incentive plans, and is a key member of the Firm’s growing Fintech (blockchain & digital assets) practice.
Eric was recognised as a ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ in the 2019 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial).
Eric moved to the BVI in 2015 with 7 years’ of onshore transactional experience (first, with Herbert Smith Freehills’ Tier 1 M&A/PE team in Sydney, then later with Sullivan & Cromwell in London). He relocated back to London in early 2019.
- Advising on numerous (confidential) private fund formations (in particular, PE/VC funds and hedge funds), fund restructurings and related regulatory matters
- Advising on the US$2 billion IPO of Despegar on the New York Stock Exchange
- Advising on the IPO of LSC Lithium on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Advising Mercuria Energy Group on a number of its private investment activities
- Advising Goldman Sachs’ merchant banking division on various M&A transactions and related joint ventures and management incentive plans
- Advising Archer Capital on various M&A transactions as well as fund formation and restructuring matters
- Advising BHP Billiton, Rhône Capital, JP Morgan, Barclays, BAML, Ares Capital, KKR, Pacific Equity Partners, Elders, Boral, Leighton Holdings, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and Public Sector Pension Investment Board on various separate M&A and joint venture matters
- Advising Macquarie Bank, UBS, JP Morgan, Babcock & Brown, NAB, CBA, BNY Mellon and Eksportfinans on various separate securitisation, derivatives and structured finance matters
- M&A/PE lawyer at Sullivan & Cromwell, London
- Client secondments with an asset management firm and an energy/resources company
- M&A/PE lawyer at Herbert Smith Freehills, Sydney
- Harvard Business School, Private Equity & Venture Capital program, 2016
- University of Oxford, Masters in Law and Finance (Distinction; first in class in finance; full scholarship), 2011
- Australian Securitisation Forum, Diploma of Financial Services, 2008
- Macquarie University (Australia), BBA/LLB (Hons), 2007
- University of Utrecht (Netherlands), Student Exchange program, 2006
- 7 university awards/prizes (including Remedies, Trade Practices, China Trade and Investment, Economics, and Finance)
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor
- England & Wales, Solicitor (not currently practising)
- New South Wales (Australia), Solicitor (not currently practising)