Eric Flaye is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in London. Eric joined the London office of Conyers Dill & Pearman in 2019 after spending four years in the BVI office.
Eric’s experience also includes seven years’ of onshore transactional experience (firstly, with Herbert Smith Freehills in Sydney, then with Sullivan & Cromwell in London).
Eric has a broad corporate practice with particular expertise and focus on investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and capital market transactions.
- Advising on the US$2 billion IPO of Despegar on the New York Stock Exchange
- Advising on the IPO of LSC Lithium on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Advising Mercuria Energy Group on a number of its investment activities
- Advising on various private fund formations (in particular, offshore hedge funds and private equity funds), fund restructurings and related regulatory matters
- Advising Goldman Sachs’ merchant banking division on various M&A transactions and related joint ventures and management incentive plans
- Advising Archer Capital on various M&A transactions as well as fund formation and restructuring matters
- Advising BHP Billiton, Rhône Capital, JP Morgan, Barclays, BAML, Ares Capital, KKR, Pacific Equity Partners, Mecom Group, Elders, Boral, Leighton Holdings, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and Public Sector Pension Investment Board on various separate M&A and joint venture matters
- Advising Macquarie Bank, UBS, JP Morgan, Babcock & Brown, NAB, CBA, BNY Melon, Australian Executor Trustees and Eksportfinans on various separate securitisation, derivatives and structured finance matters
- Investment funds lawyer at Harney Westwood & Riegels, British Virgin Islands
- Mergers and acquisitions lawyer at Sullivan & Cromwell, London
- Client secondments with an asset management firm and an energy/resources company (assisted each with merger integration matters)
- Mergers and acquisitions lawyer at Herbert Smith Freehills, Sydney
- Harvard Business School, Private Equity & Venture Capital program, 2016
- University of Oxford, Masters in Law and Finance (Distinction; first in class in finance; full scholarship), 2011
- Australian Securitisation Forum, Diploma of Financial Services, 2008
- University of Utrecht (Netherlands), Student Exchange program, 2006
- Macquarie University (Australia), BBA/LLB (Hons), 2007
- 7 university awards/prizes (including Remedies, Trade Practices, China Trade and Investment, Economics, and Finance)
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2015
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2014 (not currently practising)
- New South Wales (Australia), Solicitor, 2008 (not currently practising)