Jasamine Yung is an Associate in the Hong Kong office of Conyers. She joined Conyers in May 2020. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, international arbitration, competition and antitrust, regulatory, and corporate investigations.
Her experience includes acting for clients in relation to shareholders dispute, breach of contract, misrepresentation, unfair prejudice, irregularities of company’s shares, anti-money laundering, violation of export regulations, and counterfeiting.
Jasamine advises clients across a wide range of industries including oil and gas, real estate, retail and consumer products, and technology and telecommunications.
Jasamine co-authored in “Legal systems in Hong Kong: overview,” a Q&A guide published by Practical Law, Thomson Reuters.
Prior to joining Conyers, Jasamine has:
- Acted for the Hong Kong Competition Commission in the first ever bid-rigging case filed under the Competition Ordinance (Cap. 619).
- Acted for a global retailer in an arbitration against its franchisee for breach of contract.
- Acted for a Canadian oil and gas development company in a US$1.8 billion arbitration against a major Chinese oil company on disputes arising from a coal-bed methane (CBM) and shale gas production sharing contract.
- Acted for the Special Investigation Committee of a Hong Kong-listed company in an investigation into the irregularities of the company’s shares.
- Acted for individuals on Securities and Futures Commission’s notices and requests for information/interviews in relation to contravention of the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571) and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (Financial Institutions) Ordinance (Cap. 615).
- Acted for a global e-commerce company in an investigation by the Hong Kong Customs & Excise Department in relation to the sale of alleged counterfeit goods.
- Acted for a minority shareholder of a Hong Kong subsidiary of a Taiwanese company in an unfair prejudice action against the majority shareholder.
- Acted for a high net-worth individual in proceedings in several jurisdictions, including Hong Kong, the United States, and the British Virgin Islands, involving contentious probate action, an application for provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Ordinance, and various trust litigations.
- Associate, Winston & Strawn, Hong Kong
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 2013
- King’s College, London, LLB, 2012
- Member of the Law Society of Hong Kong
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2021
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2021
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2021 (not currently practising)
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2016 (not currently practising)
Deals & Cases