Mauricio Da Rocha is an Associate in the Cayman Islands Corporate practice specialising in corporate restructuring. Prior to joining Conyers, Mauricio was based in Perth with a focus on cross-border M&A experience, particularly in the Australian and Asian markets.
Mauricio specialises in general corporate advice, mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions, with substantial experience in corporate restructuring.
- Aquila Resources Limited – on its response to the $1.4 billion unsolicited joint off-market cash takeover bid by Baosteel Resources Australia Pty Ltd and Aurizon Operations Limited.
- Golden Energy and Resources Limited – on its $258 million unsolicited on-market takeover bid for the shares in Stanmore Resources.
- Tiger Resources Limited – on its creditors’ scheme of arrangement pursuant to which the senior leaders of Tiger converted approximately USD$150 million of their debt into equity in Tiger and Tiger was delisted from the ASX.
- Tap Oil Limited – on its privatisation through the cancellation of all shares in Tap Oil other than those held by Risco Energy (and its related bodies corporate) by way of a $14 million selective capital reduction and a fully franked dividend, payable to all shareholders if the capital reduction is approved and implemented.
- Stanmore Resources Limited – on its acquisition of BHP’s 100% interest in the BHP Mitsui joint venture for aggregate consideration of US$1.7 billion.
- Paladin Energy Limited – on its debt and equity restructure to defer the maturity of US$220 million worth of convertible bonds, among other things and subsequent restructure pursuant to a deed of company arrangement and transfer of 98% of Paladin’s issued share capital to creditors with approval of the Court under section 444GA of the Corporations Act (Winner TMA Restructuring Deal of the Year 2018).
- Tiger Resources Limited – on its debt and equity restructure pursuant to a deed of company arrangement and transfer of 100% of Tiger’s issued share capital to creditors with approval of the Court under section 444GA of the Corporations Act.
- Senior Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Perth, Australia
- Solicitor, King & Wood Mallesons, Perth, Australia
- Juris Doctor, University of Western Australia, 2016
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia, 2013
- Supreme Court of Western Australia, 2017
- High Court of Australia, 2017