Nicholas Kuria is Counsel in the British Virgin Islands Corporate practice.
His practice includes many aspects of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements and corporate governance.
Nicholas advises a range of clients with a particular focus on the technology, media and telecommunications, financial services and insurance sectors. He has spent time on secondment with the mergers and acquisitions team of British Telecommunications plc in London, UK.
He acts for public and private companies, insurers, brokers and financial institutions and has worked with infrastructure funds in relation to the funding of digital telecommunications companies in the UK. Nicholas also acts on cross-border transactions, both in mergers and acquisitions as well as joint ventures, in a variety of industry sectors.
- Advised on the acquisition by HP Inc. of Samsung’s global printer business for US$1 billion.
- Advised on the joint venture between Zuffa LLC and a consortium of investors including Mubadala in relation to the expansion of the Ultimate Fighting Championship in Eastern Europe.
- Advised Apollo Global Management, LLC on its acquisition of Phoenix Services, LLC.
- Advised Aviva Investors on its equity investment in TrueSpeed Communications Limited.
- Advised SAB Finance on its acquisition of FCM Bank Limited.
- Senior Associate, CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP, London
- Associate, Slaughter and May, London
- Secondee, British Telecommunications plc
- Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2005
- Nottingham Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2004
- University of Reading, BSc, International Securities, Investment and Banking, 2003
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2007
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2024 (and 2023) edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets; corporate and commercial; investment funds)
Shareholders’ Rights & Shareholder Activism, Chambers Global Practice Guide, 2020
Heads of terms and entire agreement clauses, ICSA Governance and Compliance journal, July 2014.