Philippa Gilkes is Counsel in the Cayman Islands Corporate practice. Philippa advises clients on a wide spectrum of regulatory, commercial and transactional matters, with her practice focusing on the insurance and reinsurance sphere. Philippa acts for international insurance institutions, captive insurers and commercial (re)insurers, advising on all aspects of Cayman Islands insurance and reinsurance law and regulation.
Philippa was recognised as a Rising Star by Legal 500 (insurance and reinsurance) in the 2023 Caribbean edition.
An insurance client recently commented, “There are a lot of lawyers out there but actually only a few that are truly smart, talented, credible and thorough. Philippa certainly meets all of those points.”
- Associate, Gadens Lawyers, Melbourne, Australia
- Judge’s Associate, County Court of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
- Trainee Attorney, Minter Ellison, Darwin and Adelaide, Australia
- Australian National University, Grad. Dip. of Legal Practice, 2012
- University of Adelaide, LLB and B.Media, 2011
- Registered as a Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Australia, 2014
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory, Australia, 2012
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as a “Rising Star” in the 2023 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (insurance/reinsurance)
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Autumn 2019