Sarah Blair is a Senior Associate in the Bermuda Litigation and Restructuring practice. She specialises in dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration and mediation. She has particular expertise in employment and regulatory law (including compensation plans, tax and pensions), copyright and designs and contractual disputes.
As part of her contentious practice, Sarah regularly handles matters before the Employment Tribunal and Supreme Court. Her non-contentious practice includes contractual drafting (employment and general commercial), advising on privacy law and conducting independent investigations. Sarah also works closely with corporate colleagues when assisting clients with setting up in Bermuda, restructuring and on M&A projects.
Sarah has experience of a number of sectors, frequently working with clients in reinsurance, insolvency, leisure and hospitality, education, technology and the medical profession.
Sarah is a member of the BHRA (Bermuda Human Resource Association) and the ELA (the UK Employment Lawyers Association). She recently contributed to a series of articles on Bermuda’s privacy law published in The Royal Gazette and has previously written articles published in Copyright Lawyer Magazine and Lexis PSL.
Prior to joining Conyers, Sarah practiced in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution at Bristows LLP in London across its Commercial & Technology Disputes team and its Tier 1 Brands & Designs and Copyright team.
- Acting for employers in the reinsurance industry to defend employment complaints of unfair dismissal relating to unsatisfactory performance
- Acting for hotels in unfair dismissal claims
- Conducting independent investigations into an employee allegation concerning sexual harassment
- Advising multi-national companies on employment and immigration aspects of setting up business in Bermuda, including the drafting of employment contracts, compensation plans, benefit plans and employment policies
- Advising clients on all employment aspects of wind down of business, including redundancy consultations and separation packages
- Acting for senior executives to dispute the termination of their employment and secure favourable settlement terms
Insolvency & Bankruptcy:
- Acting for clients in bankruptcy petitions
- Advising insolvency practitioners on issues of lay off in insolvency / liquidation scenario
- Advising on prospects of potential judicial review action concerning liquor licensing
- Advising multi-national companies on privacy obligations in Bermuda
- Advising regulatory bodies on professional misconduct complaints
- Advised client in respect of copyright infringement claim
- Advised protectors of trust in respect of their duties and helped deescalate potential dispute with one of the trust’s beneficiaries
- Advised Moody’s Corporation on the Bermuda employment law aspects of its agreement to acquire RMS for approximately US$2 billion from Daily Mail and General Trust plc
- Bristows LLP, London (UK)
- BPP Law School, LPC (Distinction), 2014
- BPP Law School, GDL (Distinction), 2013
- London School of Economics, MSc, 2012
- University of Warwick, BA (First Class), 2010
- Bermuda, Barrister and Attorney, 2021
- Higher Rights of Audience, 2019
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2016
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2024 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (regulatory and compliance)
- BHRA (Bermuda Human Resource Association) and the ELA (the UK Employment Lawyers Association).