Scott Pearman is a Director in the Litigation department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman.
Scott joined Conyers in 2012 from Ely Place Chambers in London, where he was a barrister for 13 years specialising in commercial litigation.
Scott provides advocacy and advice on all aspects of civil and commercial law, with a focus on dispute resolution relating to business and commerce, employment and discrimination, chancery and trust, insurance and reinsurance, arbitration, and the law relating to media and information.
Scott was regularly instructed in the UK in financial mis-selling and professional negligence cases relating to investments, financial advisors and financial institutions. He has considerable experience in applications for interlocutory and injunctive relief including worldwide freezing orders, search and seizure orders, breach of confidence, breach of restrictive covenants and “springboard” relief arising from business theft and unlawful competition.
Scott is also a CEDR accredited Mediator and he has mediated in the UK and internationally.
- Barrister, Ely Place Chambers, London 2000 - 2012
- Inns of Court School of Law, BVC, 1998
- University of Oxford (Merton College), MA (Hons) Jurisprudence, 1997
- Georgetown University, BA Government & English, 1994
- Bermuda, Barrister and Attorney, 1999
- England & Wales, Barrister-at-Law, 1999
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2016) of Legal 500 Caribbean (dispute resolution)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition of Who’s Who Legal (professional negligence)
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Member, Employment Law Bar Association, London
- Director BAS Group, Bermuda
News & Insights
Deals & Cases