Vivien Fung is a Partner in the Hong Kong Corporate practice. Vivien joined Conyers in 1999 and became partner in 2007.
Her practice includes all aspects of corporate and commercial law with specialist expertise in project and structured financing, venture capital transactions and private equity investments. Her experience extends to IPOs of shares of offshore companies on the Main Board and the Growth Enterprise Market of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited, the Alternate Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange, the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ. In addition to corporate and commercial law, Vivien’s practice includes establishing open-ended and closed-ended offshore investment funds in the form of offshore companies, partnerships and unit trusts.
Vivien has been recognised as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer in the 2022 edition (and recognised since 2013) of IFLR1000. A client commented that “Vivien has always been providing timely advice regardless of how urgent the case is. She is detail-minded and able to provide solutions acceptable to both the financing and borrowing parties.” Her team has also received comment on “providing efficient and quality offshore legal services” to the clients “regardless of the complexity of the matter, it has always been able to provide professional advice in a timely manner.”
Vivien was named as a finalist for “Offshore Lawyer of the Year” at Women in Business Law Awards APAC 2022 and 2023 under the practice area awards category.
- Providing offshore legal advice to a leading PRC enterprise on corporate restructuring to facilitate its banking and technology business.
- Advising on the mid-term notes programme of Haitong International Securities Group Limited.
- Acting for an Asian bidder in the sale and purchase of ING Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited.
- Acting for major PRC lenders on onshore and offshore loan financing for PRC and Asian real estate, power and infrastructure projects.
- Acting for a major PRC insurance company in connection with its acquisition of mobile payment technology.
- Acting for individual and corporate clients in the establishment of mutual funds and private equity funds for investment in equities, real estate, oil project and food industry.
- Advising China Unienergy Group Limited on its initial public offering.
- Advising FingerTango on its initial public offering.
- Advising Tsui Wah Holdings Limited on its initial public offering.
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 1992
- University of Hong Kong, LLB, 1991
- Santa Clara University, BSc, 1987
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2012
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 1999
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1997 (not currently practising)
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 1994 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer in the 2022 edition (and recognised since 2013) of IFLR1000
- Recognised in the 2018 edition (and 2015, 2017) of Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (offshore law)