Services for every stage of life business life cycle
With over half a century of experience as a specialist offshore services provider, Conyers Corporate Services can help you meet all regulatory and substance requirements, so you can focus your time and resources on making the most of business opportunities.
Incorporation and Formation
Choosing the right corporate vehicle and the right jurisdiction for your purposes requires a comprehensive understanding of the offshore arena.
Conyers can assist you with the incorporation and formation of legal entities quickly, efficiently and seamlessly. Our many years of experience means that we are market leaders in this area, with streamlined processes and long-established relationships with regulators that allow us to facilitate the creation of new entities, with reduced potential for complications.
Companies and funds incorporated in Bermuda, the BVI or the Cayman Islands require non-executive independent directors who can be relied upon to take fiduciary responsibility for their interests and ensure that all their regulatory responsibilities are met. We can provide you with a comprehensive service that is aligned to your needs, including, where possible, directors with experience in your industry.
Our professional directors have a detailed understanding of all regulations governing companies and funds in our jurisdictions. Acting in the best interests of your company, they will:
- provide central management and control in the jurisdiction of incorporation
- attend regular board meetings, in person or by conference call, as frequently as required
- ensure strategic, commercial and policy decisions are recorded and filed in the minute book
- review proposed changes to statutory documentation, including the company’s memorandum and articles of association
- review offering documents for investment funds
- authorise payments
- review and approve agreements and contracts with third parties
- review and approve annual financial statements
- facilitate opening of bank accounts
- conduct Board reviews
- assist with drafting of governance policies
Corporate Administration and Secretarial Services
We offer a complete range of services in support of companies, partnerships, individuals and trusts, extending all the way to meeting the uniquely specified day-to-day management, accounting and administrative needs of the most active business enterprises.
Our highly trained and thoroughly experienced team of professionals keep themselves consistently up-to- date on the laws and regulations of each jurisdiction, to guarantee continuing legal compliance.
You can trust us to ensure that your statutory and regulatory obligations are handled responsibly.
Our services include:
- preparation and dissemination of meeting details and agendas
- attendance at Board or shareholder meetings
- preparation and maintenance of minutes
- establishment of bank accounts
- drafting of directors’ resolutions, such as change of directors or officers, and share issues
- drafting of members’ resolutions, such as change of company name, amendments to the constitution and capital reductions
- maintenance of:
- statutory records (and the filing of statutory declarations and other returns)
- dedicated members’ registers for more widely- held entities
- corporate registers, such as directors’ interests, contracts and intellectual property
- provision of advice on changes in jurisdictional laws
- implementation of directors’ and shareholders’ decisions
- safekeeping of pertinent documents
We maintain registered offices for clients in each of the jurisdictions we serve. This is an efficient way for you to meet your statutory and regulatory responsibilities without the burden of running your own setup in a location that may be distant from your operating offices.
Our registered office service provides your company with a physical address that is shown on the public register, enhancing corporate transparency. The registered office is also your legal entity’s official point of contact for governments, supervisory bodies and other regulatory agencies.
Our services include:
- the use of a local mailing address and a mail forwarding service
- preparation and submission of annual returns, as directed
- a location for the maintenance of statutory corporate or partnership records
- certification and notarisation of documents
- obtaining certificates of good standing
- timely and efficient response to official notices
When the time comes to conclude your business’s affairs, our liquidation teams will ensure that this is done smoothly and in accordance with all legal requirements, leaving no loose ends.
Our services include:
- provision of a liquidator for a simple voluntary liquidation
- preparation of a liquidation plan for more complicated dissolutions
- advice on voluntary liquidation versus striking off
- preparation of appropriate documentation for a company to be struck off
- advice on questions of complex insolvency law