Angie Chu is a Counsel in the Hong Kong Office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Angie joined Conyers in 2011.
Her practice covers general corporate and commercial matters including merger and acquisitions, banking and finance and corporate reorganisations. Angie advises listed and private companies, banks and private equity houses on the offshore aspects of their deals and transactions.
- Acted as Cayman counsel in the $3.7 billion privatization of Focus Media Holding Limited, one of the largest privatizations of a Cayman company listed on the NASDAQ.
- Advised NetDragon and 91 Wireless in the US$1.84 billion takeover by Baidu.
- Provided Cayman law advice on the US$332 million privatization of iSoftStone Holdings Ltd. from NYSE.
- Senior Solicitor, Duncan Cotterill, New Zealand
- Solicitor, Davenports West, New Zealand
- Graduate Solicitor, Morrison Kent, New Zealand
- University of Auckland, New Zealand, LLM (1st class honours), 2006
- University of Auckland, New Zealand, BCom & LLB, 2003
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2011
- High Court of New Zealand, Solicitor, 2003 (not currently practising)