Angie Chu is a Partner in the Hong Kong office of Conyers. She joined the firm in 2011 and was seconded to the Singapore office of Conyers for two months in early 2020.
Angie’s practice covers all aspects of corporate law with particular focuses on mergers and acquisitions (including amalgamations, mergers and schemes of arrangement) and corporate financing (including private equity investments and pre-IPO financings, initial public offerings and listings of shares in Bermuda and Cayman companies).
Angie is recognised by Asian legal Business on the 40 under 40 2020 list.
- Privatisation of Jinmao (China) Hotel Investments and Management Limited and Jinmao Hotel by way of a Cayman scheme of arrangement.
- Privatisation of Vantage International (Holdings) Limited by way of a Bermuda scheme of arrangement.
- Privatisation of Fuling Global Inc. by way of a Cayman merger.
- Privatisation of Jumei International Holding Limited by a first ever two step Cayman merger.
- Smoore International Holdings Limited HK$7.12 billion IPO.
- Budweiser Brewing Company APAC Limited HK$39 billion IPO.
- Yuexiu Property Company Limited HK$1.1 billion 1.875% guaranteed exchangeable bonds.
- Senior Solicitor, Duncan Cotterill, New Zealand
- Solicitor, Davenports West, New Zealand
- Graduate Solicitor, Morrison Kent, New Zealand
- University of Auckland, New Zealand, LLM (1st class honours), 2006
- University of Auckland, New Zealand, BCom & LLB, 2003
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2011
- High Court of New Zealand, Solicitor, 2003 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised by Asian Legal Business on the 40 Under 40 2020 list