Charles Goldblatt is an Associate in the British Virgin Islands Litigation and Restructuring practice. His practice encompasses a broad range of commercial disputes with a particular emphasis on contractual claims, shareholder disputes, insolvency proceedings and applications concerning injunctive relief.
Charles is regularly instructed to advise company directors and shareholders on litigation risk and strategy and has considerable experience acting for clients across a wide range of contentious matters within the jurisdiction of the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Acting for claimants in proceedings against an agent for breach of fiduciary duty arising from property investments in central London. Obtained proprietary injunction and worldwide freezing injunction against the defendant with challenges to those orders dismissed, including successfully defending an application to discharge the freezing injunction on the grounds of alleged material non-disclosure.
- Acting for petitioners / claimants / Part 20 defendants in a complex dispute concerning a family-owned property company. Established unfairly prejudicial conduct under section 994 Companies Act 2006. Successfully defended a Part 20 claim relating to funds allegedly received and held on trust following the sale of a Cypriot company.
- Acting for an international distributor in two related Commercial Court actions regarding the operation and termination of a distributorship agreement. Defending a claim for an account of profit on goods sold over a 10-year period based on the interpretation of a retention of title clause. Claiming repudiatory breach of contract and breach of implied duties of good faith and fair dealing.
- Acting for discharged bankrupts within multi-faceted insolvency proceedings concerning: –
- Standing to challenge transactions entered into by insolvency office-holders;
- The meaning of “principal residence” within Insolvency Legislation;
- Ownership of emails during and after bankruptcy and issues of confidentiality and privacy; and
- The application of the iniquity exception to legal professional privilege.
- Assisting with several connected actions on behalf of a number of individuals who had been defrauded in a global “boiler room” scam.
- Solicitor – Seddons, London
- Solicitor – Drukker, London
- Trainee Solicitor – Drukker, London
- University of Law, London, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), 2015
- University of Law, London, Postgraduate Diploma in International Legal Practice, 2014
- University of Law, London, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2013
- University of Wales, Newport, Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons), 2010
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2016
- Member, London Solicitor Litigation Association (LSLA)