Frances Poulos is the Head Professional Support Lawyer for Conyers Dill & Pearman in the Bermuda Office. As the Head Professional Support Lawyer in Bermuda she is responsible for leading the professional support function in Bermuda by developing and implementing local and practice-specific knowledge management strategies and initiatives.
Frances commenced life as a lawyer at Corrs Chambers Westgarth in 1990 to 1992 and then commenced work at Baker & McKenzie as a property lawyer/associate in 1993.
Between 1993 to 2009 Frances held a number of positions at Baker & McKenzie including precedent lawyer and professional support lawyer, being made up to Senior Associate in 1998. In 2009 Frances became the Knowledge Professional Support Manager leading the Australian offshore team in Manila and also the local Knowledge Co-ordinator team and in 2013 Frances expanded her role to include the Australian professional support lawyers.
As the Knowledge Professional Support Manager Frances ensured that consistent and efficient approaches are taken in the provision of knowledge services across the Firm. She has managed many key knowledge projects including management of the Firm precedent bank; management of the Firm wide intranet; implementation of automation for key firm precedents; creation of both Knowledge and Style and Drafting Standards and the migration of the Firm knowledge to Sharepoint to enable true global sharing of knowledge.
- Baker & McKenzie – Professional Support Manager, Sydney Australia
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth – Associate, Sydney Australia
- Bachelor of Economics and Law from Sydney University 1988
- New South Wales, Sydney 1989
Awards & Accolades
- Australian Representative at the Global Baker & McKenzie Knowledge Conference in Chicago December 2013
- Janders Dean Award for the Knowledge Management team of the Year November 2011
- 2005 Mike Ahrens Award for Firm Professional Development
- Chaired Global KM Meeting November 2005 and participated in subsequent meetings
- Nominated to attend the Asia Pacific Associates Conference as a delegate 1994 Sydney and 1995 Cebu
- Management and Leadership Training programs and Rogen Skills presentation training
- Member of Knowledge Management Forum and Law Society of NSW
- Presenter to Youth Off the Streets and Young Women’s Project
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth Alumni Network
- Baker & McKenzie Alumni Network
- Legal IT Network