Jennifer Panchaud is a Director in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Her practice includes all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with particular experience in corporate reorganisations, securitisations and advising on Bermuda law aspects of transactions for both local and exempted companies. Jennifer also advises on (re)insurance regulatory and transactional matters.
Prior to joining the firm in 2015, Jennifer qualified as an Associate in 2012 in the Insurance & Reinsurance department of Mayer Brown International LLP (London office). During her time at Mayer Brown, Jennifer advised in relation to a broad range of (re)insurance litigation proceedings, direct defence of professional indemnity insureds and advised on various policy wordings and claims coverage. Jennifer acted for a number of leading (re)insurers in both the Lloyd’s of London and company markets.
- Acted for Seadrill Group on its restructuring and emergence from Chapter 11, including the issuance of US$880 million of secured notes and 100 million common shares and the listing thereof on the NYSE.
- Advised Langhorne Group, a third-party backed capital life and annuity start up launched jointly by RenaissanceRe and RGA, on its formation and group structuring, including Langhorne Re and its US$780 million private placement.
- Advised Aecon Group Inc. on its commercial agreement and financing for the redevelopment of the L.F. Wade International Airport, consisting of US$285 million private placement and US$70 million equity offering, and its formation and licensing of local operating company Bermuda Skyport Corporation Limited.
- Advised BW Offshore Limited (OSE:BWO) on its restructuring to implement a new long-term financial platform, including a fully underwritten US$100 million rights issue, amendments to its US$2.4 billion credit facility and its four unsecured bond issues.
- Advised CAI International Inc. (NYSE:CAP) in connection with numerous issuances of asset backed notes by its wholly-owned subsidiary, CAL Funding III Limited.
- Represented war insurers in a USD$300 million Commercial Court (UK) dispute with a Turkish energy company arising from the detention by the Pakistani authorities of three insured power generation vessels following allegations of corruption.
- Advised insurers in relation to a variety of professional indemnity claims against valuers and accountants and represented defendant professionals in connection with several professional indemnity claims litigated in the UK High Court and/or alternative dispute resolution.
- Advised reinsurers and local cedant insurers in relation to various third party claims arising from damage to pipelines caused by illegal activities and/or natural disasters in Ecuador.
- Advised reinsurers in relation to an insurance claim made by the New York Port Authority in connection with the collapse and cleanup of the World Trade Centre.
- Associate, Mayer Brown, London, United Kingdom
- Trainee Solicitor, Mayer Brown, London, United Kingdom
- Kaplan Law School, Nottingham Trent University, Legal Practice Course, 2009
- University of Bristol, LLB, 2008
- University of Western Ontario, BA (Hons) Economics, 2005
- Bermuda, 2016
- England & Wales, 2012
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2021 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (insurance/reinsurance)
2022 Corporate Digest: Notable Deals & Transactions
Insurance Bulletin Spring 2021
Insurance Bulletin Spring 2020
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Winter 2020
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Autumn 2019
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Spring 2019