Dr. Jane (Jevgenija) Fedotova is a Senior Associate in Conyers’ BVI Litigation & Restructuring practice. Her practice covers a wide range of commercial, insolvency and arbitration matters.
Jane has particular expertise advising on complex, high-value disputes and issues pertaining to asset tracing, as well as winding ups in the BVI including the appointment of liquidators. She regularly advises clients on interim court measures including the appointment of receivers in support of foreign litigation and arbitration, in addition to the enforcement of foreign awards and judgments in the BVI. Her recent work experience includes representing a client in BVI seated arbitration proceedings governed by BVI Arbitration Rules and a related challenge of the BVI arbitral award.
Prior to joining Conyers, Jane practised law in England with a focus on dispute resolution matters for individual and corporate clients, often involving multi-jurisdictional disputes related to corporate governance and debt arrangements in the energy, agriculture, insurance and banking sectors. While in the UK she was seconded to serve as counsel for the London Court of International Arbitration, and also worked on legal transition and reform projects for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in the countries of its operation.
Jane has completed her doctorate on the concept of the emergency arbitrator at the Queen Mary University of London and continues to teach as an associate lecturer of investment arbitration at the same university. She is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb). She speaks fluent English, Lithuanian and Russian, and has conversational level German, Ukrainian and Polish (limited working proficiency).
- Acted for a BVI company in relation to an application seeking appointment of liquidators based on unpaid multimillion LCIA arbitration award;
- Acted for an individual in relation to beneficial ownership dispute relating to major high end luxury hotel;
- Obtaining a freezing order and receivership order, in relation to a 250 million BVI claim brought by the heirs of a high worth individual;
- Obtaining a mandatory injunction order to appoint a director over BVI companies in support of the LCIA arbitration relating inter alia to a default under a loan agreement and a major shareholders’ fallout;
- Acting for a company in relation to BVI IAC multimillion arbitration proceedings
- Consultant, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, London, England
- Associate, Fieldfisher LLP, London, England
- Associate, Simmons & Simmons LLP, London, England
- BPP Law School, LPC, 2010
- BPP Law School, GDL, 2009
- University College London, LLM, 2008
- Moscow State University, Diploma, 2007
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2019
- England & Wales, Higher Rights of Audience, 2016
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2012
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2021 edition of Legal 500 (dispute resolution)
- Recognised in the 2020 edition (and 2019) of Global Restructuring Review 100
- Access for Women in Energy
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Russian and CIS Arbitration Network
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
Right of First Sale in European Economic Area, Corporate Lawyer, Issue No. 3, February 2013
Anti-corruption Due Diligence and the Extra-territorial Effect of UK’s Bribery Act, Company Lawyer, Issue No. 2, February 2013
Insights & Resources
Deals & Cases