Manwa Yip is a Legal Manager in the Hong Kong office of Conyers. She joined Conyers in 2021.
Manwa has experience assisting in a number of cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters, including:
- Resisting applications for appointment of provisional liquidators
- Obtaining a stay of appointment of provisional liquidators
- Appealing a winding up order
- Seeking leave for promoting a parallel scheme of arrangement
- Applying for cross-border recognition and assistance
Manwa has also been involved in a wide range of offshore proceedings such as shareholder disputes, enforcement of security, probate applications, information disclosure, etc.
Manwa is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Prior to joining Conyers, Manwa has:
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank which was alleged to have mis-sold insurance policy.
- Acted for a NYSE-listed drilling equipment provider in debt recovery and winding up proceedings against a Hong Kong company.
- Acted for Hong Kong’s telecom and broadcasting regulator in the defense of multiple judicial reviews.
- Defended banks, securities firms and senior management in regulatory investigations by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Associate, Eversheds Sutherland, Hong Kong
- Associate, Daly & Associates, Hong Kong
- Trainee, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hong Kong
- Oxford University, Master of Public Policy, 2015
- University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, 2014
- University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Laws (First Class), 2013
- King’s College London, Exchange Programme, 2012
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2017 (not currently practising)
News & Insights
Deals & Cases