Manwa Yip is a Legal Manager in the Hong Kong office of Conyers. She joined Conyers in 2021.
Manwa has experience advising on a wide range of commercial disputes and regulatory investigations for international and domestic banks and corporates. In particular, she has advised on matters arising out of mis-selling, cross-border winding up, banks’ duty of confidentiality and anti-money laundering failures. She has also acted for clients in mounting judicial review challenges and defending judicial reviews.
Prior to joining Conyers, Manwa has:
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank which was alleged to have mis-sold insurance policy.
- Acted for a NYSE-listed drilling equipment provider in debt recovery and winding up proceedings against a Hong Kong company.
- Acted for Hong Kong’s telecom and broadcasting regulator in the defense of multiple judicial reviews.
- Defended banks, securities firms and senior management in regulatory investigations by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Associate, Eversheds Sutherland, Hong Kong
- Associate, Daly & Associates, Hong Kong
- Trainee, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hong Kong
- Oxford University, Master of Public Policy, 2015
- University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, 2014
- University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Laws (First Class), 2013
- King’s College London, Exchange Programme, 2012
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2017 (not currently practising)
News & Insights
Deals & Cases