Matthew Harkness is Counsel in the Cayman Islands Corporate practice.
Matthew advises clients across multiple sectors on a broad range of public and private corporate transactions. In particular, he specializes in investment fund matters (private equity and hedge) and is experienced in M&A, fund financing, capital markets, restructurings and general corporate governance.
Prior to re-joining Conyers (having already worked in the firm’s BVI office), Matthew was a senior associate at another offshore law firm in the Cayman Islands, and before that, an associate at CMS and part of their UK M&A deal team.
- CMS – Associate – United Kingdom
- Conyers – Associate – British Virgin Islands
- Mourant Ozannes – Senior Associate – Cayman Islands
- University of Glasgow – Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – 2010
- University of Glasgow – Diploma in Legal Practice – 2011
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2018
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor (2017) (non-practicing)
- Scotland, Solicitor, (2013) (non-practicing)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2024 edition (and since the 2023 edition) of The Legal 500 Caribbean (investment funds; corporate & commercial)