Neil Henderson is a Director in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Neil joined Conyers in 2008.
Neil’s practice includes all aspects of commercial and corporate law, including public companies, partnerships, the formation of private equity and open-ended funds, exempted companies and other investment vehicles. His practice also includes the acquisition, continuation, amalgamation and reorganization of private and public companies.
- Advised in relation to the formation and group structure of the Langhorne Group, including Langhorne Reinsurance (Bermuda) Ltd. (”Langhorne Re”), and its US$780 million private placement.
- Advised Wafra on the joint venture with The Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation, the Public Institution for Social Security of Kuwait, and RPMI Railpen to establish a new structure, Capital Constellation. Advised by Wafra Investment Advisory Group Inc the Constellation structure will provide catalytic investment capital to next generation private equity and alternatives managers. The founding investors initially committed US$700 million increasing to over US$1.5 billion in the next five years.
- Acted for the joint venture vehicle, Einn Volant Aircraft Leasing Holdings Limited., in relation to the creation by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, a leading institutional asset manager, and GE Capital Aviation Services of a US$2 billion global aircraft financing platform, involved in the acquisition of modern fuel efficient aircraft from a diverse set of global airlines to be leased back under long-term leases.
- Acted for Roivant Sciences Ltd. in connection with a US$1.1 billion equity investment in Roivant led by the SoftBank Vision Fund. This investment, which includes existing shareholder participation, is intended to accelerate the launch of new subsidiaries within and beyond the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Acted for AABS Limited in relation to the US$650 million leasing asset-backed secured term loan in relation to the acquisition of 26 passenger aircraft from affiliates of GECAS.
- Advised on the first IPO ever made by an investment bank in Brazil – estimated at US$1 to 1.5bn of shares represented by stapled units listed on the São Paulo stock exchange (BM&F Bovespa), and on Euronext in Amsterdam.
- Corporate/Corporate Tax associate, Maclay Murray & Spens, Edinburgh
- Corporate, Funds associate, Carey Olsen, Channel Islands
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law, Diploma of Legal Practice, 2003
- Glasgow University, LLB, 2002 (with Distinction)
- Bermuda, 2009
- Law Society of Scotland, 2004 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2014) of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)
- Recognised in the 2020 edition (and since 2018) of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets)
- Recognised in the 2020 edition (and since 2016) of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial)
- Bermuda Bar Association
Business Bermuda, NEXUS Newsletter, November 2012 Issue, Private Equity in Bermuda: So Much More