Rachael Pape is Counsel in the Corporate department of Conyers in the British Virgin Islands.
Rachael has a broad corporate and finance practice with particular expertise in corporate finance and reorganisations, capital markets and investment funds.
Prior to moving to the British Virgin Islands, Rachael worked as an associate in the finance team of Slaughter and May and in the international capital markets (derivatives and structured finance) team of Allen & Overy LLP in London.
- Advising Associated Partners on the US$860 million acquisition of AP Wireless, one of the largest international aggregators of rental streams underlying wireless sites through the acquisition of wireless telecom real property interests and contractual rights, by Landscape Acquisition Holdings Limited.
- Advising on the US$300 million sale of Six Senses to the Intercontinental Hotels Group.
- Advising Deltatre on its US$127 million purchase of Massive Interactive online sports streaming group, a UK-based software maker and provider of video technology to a variety of broadcasters and entertainment companies including the BBC and Sony Pictures.
- Advising Gold Fields Limited (which has a primary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange) in relation to US$1 billion bond issuances by Gold Fields Orogen Holding (BVI) Limited and a US$250 million tender offer of Gold Fields’ outstanding guaranteed bonds.
- Advising J.P. Morgan on the issue of US$500 million senior secured notes by Del Monte Foods, Inc.
- Advising on the first ever publicly offered Finnish auto loan asset-backed securitization transaction.
- Advising major international banks and FTSE 100 companies in relation to the establishment and maintenance of retail and wholesale structured product programmes.
- Associate, Carey Olsen, British Virgin Islands
- Associate, Slaughter and May, London
- Associate, Allen & Overy LLP, London
- Trainee, Allen & Overy LLP, London and Moscow
- College of Law, London, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Commendation), 2008
- University of Oxford, Trinity College, Jurisprudence (MA, Oxon), 2007
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2015
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2010 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2023 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets, Rising Star)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and 2019) of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate, Rising Star)
Sustainable Investment and Green Financing in the British Virgin Islands, The World Financial Review, September-October 2022
BVI Quarterly Corporate Update | Q1 2022
2022 Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions
BVI Quarterly Corporate Update | Q4 2021
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Winter 2020
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Autumn 2019
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Spring 2019