Rowan Wu is Head of Conyers Corporate Services in Hong Kong. Rowan joined Conyers in 2008.
Her practice covers corporate finance and general commercial matters including advising on IPOs, financing, capital restructuring, equity finance and issuance of debt instruments.
Rowan currently leads the Conyers Corporate Services (CCS) team in Hong Kong – the team of 30 company secretaries is the largest corporate services team in the city. She also works closely with the legal team and wider CCS team to provide comprehensive corporate, secretarial & administrative services to clients from across Asia.
Rowan’s clients include public companies, investment firms and, financial institutions. In particular those involved in semiconductor, high tech, energy, financial services, media and, medical & healthcare industries.
- Advised China Aoyuan Property Group Limited in connection with the issue of US$300 million 11.25% senior notes due 2019.
- Acting as BVI counsel to FountainVest Partners (Asia) Limited on the US$64 million acquisition of LJ International Inc. by way of merger. LJ International Inc. is incorporated in the BVI and a leading coloured gemstone and diamond jeweler.
- Acted as Bermuda counsel to Noble Group Limited (the “Company”) on its award-winning global restructuring which won the 2019 IFLR Asia Pacific Award “Restructuring Deal of the Year”. This was a highly complex transaction involving parallel schemes of arrangement in England and Bermuda, the appointment of a provisional liquidator in Bermuda to transfer the assets of the Company to Noble Group Holdings Limited, and Chapter 15 proceedings in the United States.
- Advised Lvji Technology Holdings Inc. in connection with its HK$747.7 million initial public offering of 352,700,000 Shares on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (Stock code: 1745).
- Advised UP Fintech Holding Limited in connection with its approximately US$120.4 million initial public offering of 14,950,000 ADSs, and private placement of 13,125,000 Class A ordinary shares, listed on NASDAQ.
- Advised Agile Group Holdings Limited in connection with its CCBC HK$400 million term loan facility, secured by guarantees and share charges over BVI and Hong Kong subsidiaries and governed by an existing intercreditor agreement.
- Advised Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation on its multi-tranche equity fundraising exercise by way of placement of 241,418,625 new shares and an offering of US$65 million 2.0% perpetual subordinated convertible bonds, which raised approximately US$969 million (assuming pre-emptive rights of its two substantial shareholders are exercised).
- Advised Shanghai-listed ENN Ecological Holdings Co., Ltd. in connection with its US$750 million acquisition of 11.7% stake in Australian-energy company, Santos Limited from Robust Nation Investments Limited.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
- Conyers Dill & Pearman, Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Law, 2002
- University of London, LLB, 2000
- High Courts of Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2008