Rowan Wu is a Legal Manager in the Hong Kong Office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Rowan joined Conyers in 2008.
Her practice covers corporate finance and general commercial matters.
Rowan’s clients include public companies, investment firms and, financial institutions. In particular those involved in semiconductor, high tech, energy, financial services, media and, medical & healthcare industries. Types of matters advised on include IPOs, financing, capital restructuring, equity finance and issuance of debt instruments.
- Advised China Aoyuan Property Group Limited in connection with the issue of US$300 million 11.25% senior notes due 2019.
- Assisted David Lamb in acting as BVI counsel to FountainVest Partners (Asia) Limited on the US$64 million acquisition of LJ International Inc. by way of merger. LJ International Inc. is incorporated in the BVI and a leading coloured gemstone and diamond jeweler.
- Advised on the listing of shares on Gretai Securities Market of Taiwan and Initial Public offering shares of TaiGen Pharmaceutical Holdings Limited (a Cayman incorporated company) in Taiwan raised NT1.1 billion (approximately US$36 million) in Jan 2014.
- Advised Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation on its US$200 million zero coupon convertible bonds due 2018 issued on 7 November, 2013.
- Advised Giant Interactive Group Inc. (the “Company”) of its merger with Giant Merger Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Giant Investment Limited (the “Parent”) pursuant to which the Parent acquired the Company in a cash transaction valued at approximately US$3.0 billion.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
- Conyers Dill & Pearman, Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Law, 2002
- University of London, LLB, 2000
- High Courts of Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2008