Anna Chong is a Partner in the Hong Kong Corporate practice. Anna joined Conyers in 2006.
Anna’s practice covers corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions with particular focus on initial public offerings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Global Market. Anna has extensive experience in private and public equity and debt offerings. In recent years, Anna’s focus has been on representing Chinese companies with offshore structures seeking mezzanine financing by way of preferred share issues with a view to initial public offerings on the United States stock exchanges and other stock exchanges in Asia and Australia. She is actively involved in debt offerings for a number of listed PRC based property developers.
Anna has been a speaker at several conferences, the most recent of which was a presentation at Renmin University in Beijing on public offerings in Hong Kong using offshore vehicles as listed entities.
- Represented a broad spectrum of PRC based companies with offshore holding companies on their listings on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Growth Select Market including iKang Healthcare Group, Inc., a large provider of private preventive healthcare services in the PRC and 58.com Inc., a leading online market place provider in the PRC and Autohome Inc., a leading automobile internet portal provider.
- Represented a number of PRC based Cayman companies in their follow on offerings on the US Stock Exchanges including China Distance Education Holdings Limited and Bitauto Holdings Limited.
- Represented an offshore subsidiary of China Vanke Co., Ltd., one of the largest residential developers in the PRC, on its establishment of a US$2 billion medium term note programme.
- Represented Yuexiu Real Estate Investment Trust on its acquisition of Tower Top Development Ltd. which owns a 99% interest in Guangzhou International Finance Center.
- Represented AVIC International Finance & Investment Limited, a subsidiary of AVIC International Holding Corporation, in its series of bond issues.
- Represented Colour Life Services Group Co., Limited, Hengxing Gold Holding Company Limited and China Conch Venture Holdings Limited on their initial public offerings on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Represented Central China Real Estate Limited and Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited, both being PRC based property developers, in various tranches of secured bond issues.
- Corporate Finance Partner, Baker & McKenzie, Hong Kong
- Corporate Finance Lawyer, Woo Kwan Lee & Lo, Hong Kong
- Keele University, England BSocSc (Hons)
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2012
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2005
- Singapore, Solicitor, 1994
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1991
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 1987 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer in the 2024 edition (and since 2020) of IFLR1000 (Financial & Corporate: Offshore)
- Recognised as a “Notable Practitioner” in the 2019 edition (and 2018) of IFLR1000 (Financial & Corporate – Foreign)
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law 2nd Ed 2019 (Sweet & Maxwell) – Contributing Editor
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law – (Sweet & Maxwell 2015) – Contributing Editor