Anthony D Whaley is a Director in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Anthony joined Conyers in 1991 and became partner in 1995.
Anthony’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law with specialist expertise in securities law and the establishment of hedge funds, mutual funds, unit trusts, partnerships and other investment funds. He also has extensive experience in corporate restructuring and reorganisations, corporate finance and securities. Anthony is also actively involved in developing Conyers’ anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
He is regularly published and has authored numerous articles which have been published by leading industry and legal journals.
- Associate, Slaughter & May, London & Hong Kong
- University of Oxford, Bachelor of Civil Law, 1987
- University of Kent at Canterbury, B.A. (Hons) Law, 1985
- British Virgin Islands, 2010
- Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 1991
- England & Wales, Barrister-at-Law, 1987 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and since 2010) of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Who’s Who Legal (private funds)
- Recognised in the 2015 edition (and since 2011) of Who’s Who Legal (corporate governance and private funds)
- Recommended lawyer, Legal 500 2011 and 2010 (corporate and commercial)
- Endorsed lawyer, PLC Which Lawyer 2011 (investment funds)
- Chairman, Business Bermuda Legislative Change Committee
- Member, Business Bermuda Investment Funds Sub-committee
- Chairman, Tax Appeal Tribunal
- Board Member, Financial Intelligence Agency
- Justice of the Peace
- Served on the Board of the Bermuda Monetary Authority for over ten years
Co-author of “Bermuda” chapter in The Asset Management Review, October 2012 (Law Business Research Ltd.)