Teresa Tsai is a Partner in the Corporate department in the Hong Kong office of Conyers.
Teresa’s practice covers general commercial, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, secured and unsecured bond and note issues, general banking and finance, pre-IPO financing and IPOs.
Teresa advises international banks, public and private companies, investment banks, private equity houses and investment managers on cross border and multi-jurisdictional aspects of their transactions.
Teresa has been recognised in the 2020 Edition of IFLR1000. A client commented that Teresa is “Efficient and effective” as well as “responsive, accessible, and provides solutions to the issues at hand.”
- Represented Yorkey Optical International (Cayman) Ltd., Bestway Global Holding Inc., TEM Holdings Limited, O-Net Technologies (Group) Limited, Springland International Holdings Limited, C.P. Lotus Corporation, AUPU Group Holding Company Limited and TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited in their privatisation by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Represented Country Garden Holdings Company Limited and Shangri-La Asia Limited in their panda bonds issue.
- Represented Country Garden Holdings Company Limited in the establishment of Islamic medium term notes programme for its subsidiary.
- Represented Country Garden Holdings Company Limited in its rights issue convertible bond issue, note issuances and other financing activities.
- Represented Kingdee International Software Group Company Limited in its unsecured convertible bond issue.
- Represented Kingsoft Corporation Limited in its unsecured convertible bond issue.
- Acted as offshore counsel to Sundy Service Group Co. Ltd, Ming Yuan Cloud Group Holdings Limited, Tycoon Group Holdings Limited, Beijing Enterprises Urban Resources Group Limited, WMCH Global Investment Limited, Silver Tide Holdings Limited, Country Garden Services Holdings Company Limited, Byleasing Holdings Limited, Man Shun Group (Holdings) Limited, ST International Holdings Company Limited, CBK Holdings Limited, Sheung Yue Group Holdings Limited, CHerish Holdings Limited, Jiangsu Innovative Ecological New Materials Limited, Ruifeng Power Group Company Limited, WT Group Holdings Limited, Feishang Non-Metal Materials Technology Limited, Modern Dental Group Limited, Pa Shun Pharmaceutical International Holdings Limited, China Parenting Network Holdings Limited, China Animation Characters Company Limited, Austar Lifesciences Limited, Wang Tai Holdings Limited, China Creative Home Group Limited, Quali-Smart Holdings Limited, Jiangnan Group Limited and Trigiant Group Limited in their initial public offerings.
- Advised Media Asia Group Holdings Limited, National Arts Entertainment and Culture Group Limited, Rui Kang Pharmaceutical Group Investments Limited, M Dream Inworld Limited, China CBM Group Company Limited, Oriental Unicorn Agricultural Group Limited, PNG Resources Holdings Limited, Synear Food Holdings Limited, WLS Holdings Limited, SMI Culture Group Holdings Limited, First Credit Finance Group Limited, Hong Kong Education (Int’l) Investments Limited, DX.com Holdings Limited, SEEC Media Group Limited, China Mobile Games and Cultural Investment Limited and Glory Mark Hi-Tech (Holdings) Limited on their change of domicile.
- Acted as offshore counsel to COFCO Land Holdings Limited in its reverse takeover.
- Corporate finance lawyer, Richards Butler, Hong Kong
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 1998 (awarded the Bloomsbury Books Prize in Civil and Criminal Procedure)
- University of Hong Kong, LLB, 1997
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2015
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2007
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2003 (not currently practising)
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2000 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2016 edition of Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (offshore law)