Wesley O’Brien is an Associate in the Private Client & Trust practice in the Cayman Islands office of Conyers.
Wesley’s practice covers all areas of private client and trust law advice and litigation. He has extensive and in-depth experience advising individuals and fiduciaries on all aspects of trust law including estate planning arrangements, wealth management structures, private trust companies and variation of trusts.
Prior to joining Conyers in 2019, Wesley worked in the private client, trust and taxation department of a leading Australian law firm. Wesley regularly advised high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals and families on complex estate planning and trust structuring matters. In Australia, Wesley also advised fund managers, large private and public companies on the structuring and taxation of trusts, as well as the tax implications of various commercial transactions.
- Associate, Gadens, Melbourne, Australia
- Australian National University, Legal Practice Course, 2015
- Monash University, Master of Laws (Juris Doctor), 2014
- RMIT University, Bachelor of Arts (International Studies), 2009
- Attorney at law, Cayman Islands, 2019
- Victoria, Australia, Solicitor, 2015 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2021 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (Private Client)
- Recognised as one of the Citywealth 2019 Future Leaders Top 100