Cora S. Miller is Counsel in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the Cayman Islands. Cora joined Conyers in 2008 in the BVI office.
Cora’s practice covers all areas of corporate and finance with particular focus on finance, banking, corporate reorganisations, merger and acquisitions, mining, oil and gas, aircraft financing, vessel registrations, continuations, joint ventures and regulatory governance. Cora advises corporations, financial institutions and investment managers on cross border and multi-jurisdictional aspects of their transactions.
- Advised an international retail giant on a complex, multi-jurisdictional global restructuring.
- Advised on the multi-jurisdictional financing of a world renowned resort in the UAE.
- Advised on the reorganisation and refinancing involving numerous companies within a high-profile British conglomerate.
- Advised on the restructuring and refinancing involving Centerra Gold Inc., AGR Limited and numerous other subsidiaries and involving the jurisdictions of Luxembourg, Mongolia, Netherlands, Canada and BVI.
- Advised on a complex multi-jurisdictional US$2 billion dollar financing and subsequently, the refinancing of the loans.
- Advised on an aircraft financing, including implementing the aircraft loan and security agreement, aircraft mortgage, escrow agreement and other ancillary documents.
- Partner, Corporate and Financial Services Group, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- University of Alberta, LLB, 1998
- University of Windsor, M.A., 1995
- University of Western Ontario, (Hons) B.A., 1993
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2018
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, BVI, Attorney-at-Law, 2009
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2009
- Alberta, Canada, Solicitor, 1999