Cora S. Miller is a partner in the Cayman Islands Corporate practice. Cora joined Conyers in 2008 where she first spent a number of years in the BVI office before relocating to Conyers’ Cayman Islands office.
Cora’s practice encompasses all areas of corporate and finance work, with particular focus on capital markets, IPOs, private equity, finance/banking, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, migrations and joint ventures. Cora has extensive experience advising public and private companies and financial institutions on the offshore aspects of their structures and transactions.
- Advised an international retail giant on a complex, multi-jurisdictional global restructuring.
- Advised on the multi-jurisdictional financing of a world renowned resort in the UAE.
- Advised on the reorganisation and refinancing involving numerous companies within a high-profile British conglomerate.
- Advised on the restructuring and refinancing involving Centerra Gold Inc., AGR Limited and numerous other subsidiaries and involving the jurisdictions of Luxembourg, Mongolia, Netherlands, Canada and BVI.
- Advised on a complex multi-jurisdictional US$2 billion dollar financing and subsequently, the refinancing of the loans.
- Advised on an aircraft financing, including implementing the aircraft loan and security agreement, aircraft mortgage, escrow agreement and other ancillary documents.
- Partner, Corporate and Financial Services Group, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- University of Alberta, LLB, 1998
- University of Windsor, M.A., 1995
- University of Western Ontario, (Hons) B.A., 1993
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2018
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, BVI, Attorney-at-Law, 2009
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2009
- Alberta, Canada, Solicitor, 1999
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2023 edition (and since 2011) of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial)
- Recognised in the 2021 edition (and 2019, 2016) of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)
- Recognised as one of Latin America’s Top 100 International Female Lawyers by Latinvex in 2022 (and since 2020)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of the CityWealth Future Leaders List
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets)
- Recognised as one of IFC’s Top 200 Power Women for 2017 (and since 2014)
- Member, BVI Financial Services Commission Captive Industry Advisory Council