Michael Yu is an Associate in the Hong Kong office of Conyers. He joined Conyers in 2019.
Michael’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including corporate finance, investment funds, private equity and mergers and acquisitions. His experience extends to IPOs and privatisations of offshore companies on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited, the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ.
- Advised HUTCHMED (China) Limited in connection with its HK$4.553 billion IPO
- Advised Dexin Services Group Limited in connection with its HK$697.4 million IPO
- Advised GCL New Energy Holdings Limited on its scheme of arrangement to effect a debt restructuring
- Advised Greenland Hong Kong Holdings Limited in connection with the offering of US$150 million 9.625% bonds due 2022
- Advised Fuling Global Inc. in connection with its US privatisation by way of merger
- Advised Coreworth Investments Limited, Harmony Creek Investments Limited and Rich Horizon Investments Limited on the US privatisation of Yintech Investment Holdings Ltd.
- Advised Vantage International (Holdings) Limited (Stock Code 0015) in connection with its privatisation by Fame Yield International Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement and its subsequent delisting from the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised Orthoise Investment Holdings Ltd., established by MagiCapital, in connection with the privatisation of On-Bright Electronics Incorporated (Taipei Exchange: 4947) by way of a scheme of arrangement and its subsequent delisting
- Advised Jumei International Holding Limited on its privatization by way of tender offer and short form merger.
- Advised Changyou.com Limited on its group reorganization involving a US$580 million privatisation and de-listing from NASDAQ effected by a short form merger.
- Advised Hopson Development Holdings Limited in connection with its issue of an aggregate principal amount of US$500 million 6.0% senior guaranteed notes due 2021.
- Advised China Huaneng Group (Hong Kong) Treasury Management Holding Limited in connection with its US$400 million 2.40% guaranteed bonds due 2022, US$500 million 2.60% guaranteed bonds due 2024, and US$600 million 3.00% guaranteed bonds due 2029.
- Advised Budweiser Brewing Company APAC Limited in connection with its HK$39 billion IPO.
- Associate, W. K. To & Co., Hong Kong
- The City University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 2016
- University of Edinburgh (Scotland, UK), LLB, 2015
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2021
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2019
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2019 (not currently practising)
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2018 (not currently practising)