Wynne Lau is a Counsel in the Corporate department in the Hong Kong office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Wynne joined Conyers in 2006.
Wynne’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law with particular focus on corporate finance, private equity, merger and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, re-domicile exercise, banking and syndicated loan transactions. Wynne has extensive experience in private and public equity and debt offerings, including debt financings, mortgage back securities transaction, MTN programmes, pre-IPO financings, initial public offerings on stock exchanges globally, including Hong Kong, the United States of America and Taiwan. Wynne advises investment banks, private equity houses, and corporate enterprises (international and mainland China, including major state own enterprises in utility and energy sector,) on cross-border and multi-jurisdictional aspects of their transactions.
- Advised on Road King Infrastructure Limited on its tender offer of US$450 million guarantee senior notes listed on The Hong Kong Stock Exchange and its global offering of US$400 million guaranteed senior notes listed on the official list of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited. Road King is the leading toll road investor and operator, as well as a prominent property developer, in China and Hong Kong.
- Advised Tongcheng-Elong Holdings Limited on its group reorganisation and merger with eLong Inc. and its HK$1.4 billion IPO on The Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Tongcheng-Elong is the market leader in China’s online travel industry.
- Advised State Grid Corporation of China on its global offering of four-tranches dual currency Notes comprising of US$ 1 billion Senior Guaranteed Notes listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange and EUR 1 billion Senior Guaranteed Notes listed on the Irish Stock Exchange simultaneously. This is a debut bond in EUR for State Grid, the notes are unsecured guaranteed notes with Aa3 ratings by Moody’s.
- Advised State Grid Corporation of China on US$2 billion Senior Guaranteed Notes which is the state-owned enterprise first international debt issue on the Rule 144A/Regulation S offering. State Grid is the largest utility corporation and the largest power grid corporation in the world, as well as the largest power grid construction and operation company in China, measured by revenue.
- Advised Huaneng Hong Kong Capital Limited, a subsidiary of China Huaneng Group, a Chinese state-owned enterprise, on US$400 million sale of five-year guaranteed bonds. Huaneng was the first Chinese power producer to join the Fortune 500 Companies.
- Advised HKT Group Holdings Limited on HK$11.7 billion bilateral loan facility by 11 participating banks to Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) Limited in connection with the US$2.43 billion takeover of CSL New World Mobility.
- Advised CAR Inc. on its HK$4.16 billion IPO on The Hong Kong Stock Exchange. CAR Inc. is the largest car rental company in China.
- Advised On Time Logistics Holdings Limited on its HK$130 million IPO on The Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Corporate finance lawyer, Herbert Smith, Hong Kong & Beijing
- Manager, Investment Products Department, Securities & Futures Commission, Hong Kong
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 1997
- University of Hong Kong, LLB, 1996
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2016
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2005
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2000 (not currently practising)
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 1999