Flora Wong is Partner in the Corporate department of Conyers in Hong Kong. Flora joined Conyers in 2005.
Flora practiced as a Hong Kong corporate lawyer at a major law firm in Hong Kong prior to joining the Firm in 2005. Since joining Conyers, Flora has focused her practice on capital markets, initial public offerings in Hong Kong, the US and Taiwan, joint venture, capital restructuring and reorganisation, debt financing, private equity and mergers and acquisitions transactions. Flora is also experienced in bank financing and general commercial matters.
Flora is fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin and experienced in serving clients who require cross-border transactional skills and Chinese language skills. Flora’s portfolio of clients includes banks, multinationals, public companies and law firms.
- Advised on recent privatization of Cayman Islands incorporated companies listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange such as On-Bright Electronics Incorporated (昂寶電子) and Ginko International Co (金可國際) by way of Cayman Islands merger.
- Advised on the privatization of Cayman Islands or Bermuda incorporated companies listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited such as Capxon International Electronic Company Limited and Vantage International (Holdings) Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Advised on recent listing of shares of Cayman Islands incorporated companies such as Space Group Holdings Limited, Wei Yuan Holdings Limited, Hongcheng Environment Technology Company Limited and MS Group Holdings Limited on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Advised on debt issue by Hong Kong listed issuers such as Longfor Group Holdings Limited, Logan Group Company Limited and Redco Properties Group Limited.
- Advised on US listings of Cayman incorporated companies such as Kuke Music Holding.
- Advised various Cayman incorporated Taiwan based companies in their primary listings on the Taiwan Stock Exchange such as Gourmet Master Co Ltd and Chlitina Holding Limited.
- Corporate lawyer, Richards Butler, Hong Kong
- Corporate and Commercial lawyer, Charltons, Hong Kong
- Foreign lawyer, Kao, Lee & Yip, Hong Kong
- The University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- The University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Major)
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2010
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2005
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2001
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2000 (not currently practising)
- Victoria, Australia, Solicitor and Barrister, 1997
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as notable practitioner in the 2022 edition (as well as 2021, 2020 and 2019 editions) of IFLR1000
- Recognised in the 2016 edition of Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (offshore law)
- Member, Law Society of Hong Kong
2022 Corporate Digest: Notable Deals & Transactions
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Winter 2020
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Autumn 2019
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law 2nd Ed 2019 (Sweet & Maxwell) – Contributing Editor
Corporate Digest: Notable Deals and Transactions – Spring 2019
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law – (Sweet & Maxwell 2015) – Contributing Editor