Nicholas Pattman is a Partner in the London and Cayman Islands offices of Conyers. His practice encompasses a broad range of corporate and finance matters, with a particular emphasis on venture capital, private equity and hedge funds.
Nicholas routinely represents asset managers, private equity sponsors, financial institutions and family offices on the structuring, formation and ongoing operation of their investment funds and affiliated vehicles. He also regularly advises financial institutions and corporate clients (both startups and established companies) on a wide variety of corporate and finance transactions including M&A, joint ventures, venture capital financings, lending arrangements and debt and equity capital markets transactions. He has represented clients from various industries, including the technology, financial services, real estate and energy sectors, and has extensive experience working on transactions involving Latin America, in particular Brazil.
Nicholas has been recognized in Legal 500 Caribbean (Investment Funds) and featured in Latin Lawyer 250 in relation to his work on Latin American Transactions. Nicholas is recognized by Latinvex as one of Latin America’s Top 100 International Lawyers (2018) and (2020).
- Partner, Walkers, Cayman Islands
- Legal Counsel EMEA, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, London
- Associate, Clifford Chance, London, Milan and Rome
- Saïd Business School, Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme, 2019
- Saïd Business School, Oxford Fintech Programme, 2018
- University of Cambridge, Modern Languages and Law, 1999
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2010
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2003 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in the 2023 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (investment funds)
- Recognised as one of Latin America’s Top 100 International Lawyers by Latinvex in 2022, 2020 and 2018
- Cayman Islands Law Society
News & Insights
Deals & Cases
Mergers & Acquisitions