Piers Alexander is a Partner in the Hong Kong office of Conyers. He has worked at the firm since 2002. Prior to Conyers, Piers worked at Clifford Chance in the investment funds practice group both in London and Hong Kong.
Piers’ practice includes all aspects of corporate law with particular expertise in investment funds, including private equity, venture capital, real estate and hedge funds.
He acts as offshore adviser for international and Asia-based fund managers on the establishment of investment fund structures, through all aspects of the continuing operations and other long-term business requirements of investment funds.
- Investment Funds, Financial Institutions Group, Clifford Chance, Hong Kong
- Investment Funds, Financial Institutions Group, Clifford Chance, London
- Trainee Solicitor, Articles, Clifford Chance, London
- Law Society Finals Examination, 1992
- Common Professional Examination, 1991
- University of West of England, BA (Hons), 1989
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2010
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2003
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1995 (not currently practising)
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer in the 2022 edition (and 2021 and recognised since 2013) of IFLR1000
- Recognised as “The A-List Top 50 Offshore Lawyers 2022” by Asia Business Law Journal
- Recognised in the 2016 edition (and 2015, 2013, 2011, 2010) of Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (offshore law)
- Recognised in the 2015 edition (and 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008) of Chambers Asia-Pacific (offshore law)
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law 2nd Ed 2019 (Sweet & Maxwell) – Contributing Editor
Cayman Islands Company and Commercial Law – (Sweet & Maxwell 2015) – Contributing Editor