Asia’s top asset management groups, hedge funds, private equity and venture capital firms domicile their funds in leading offshore financial centres like Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands due to the operational efficiencies, speed to market and progressive legislation offered by those jurisdictions.
When choosing a legal service provider offshore you need a name you can trust, not only with the establishment of your fund, but throughout its lifecycle.
Offshore Investment Fund Specialists
With over 35 years in Hong Kong and Singapore, Conyers is the most experienced offshore practice in Asia and perfectly placed to help clients with their investment fund structures. Our lawyers can communicate and conduct business with clients in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Our highly experienced investment funds team acts as offshore legal adviser for international and Asia-based fund management houses, providing innovative advice and solutions on investment fund matters.
A thorough understanding of the Asian market allows the Hong Kong and Singapore funds teams to advise on the most appropriate structure for fund matters, including the application of the regulatory regimes for investment funds in Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands.
Offshore Fund Formation
The Hong Kong and Singapore teams advise on the entire range of open-ended and closed-ended investment funds, including:
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Venture Capital Funds
- Real Estate Funds
- Infrastructure Funds
- Master-feeder Funds
- Special Situation Funds
- Segregated Portfolio Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Unit Trusts
Our services include assisting on:
- Incorporations and Formations
- Structuring Advisory
- Fund Regulation
- Offering and Other Fund Documentation
- Investment Management Regulation
Assisting on other structuring issues include:
- Corporate Governance Parameters
- Fiduciary Obligations of Operators
- Conflicts of Interest Solutions
- Investor Participation and Control Issues
- Investment and Advisory Committees
- Liquidity Requirements
- Liquidity Restrictions, Including Lock-in Period, Redemption Gates and Side-Pockets
- Asset Segregation and Liability Ring-Fencing
- Multi-Class Share Rights
Counsel for Leading Fund Managers
Conyers has received accolades as Offshore Law Firm of the Year in China, Japan and Southeast Asia. Our seasoned team of investment funds specialists is committed to providing professional counsel to the world’s leading and startup asset management groups.
- Highly experienced investment funds team in Asia-Pacific, providing innovative advice and solutions on investment fund matters
- Counsel to several hundred significant asset management groups and investment funds, including master-feeder structures, BMA-registered funds, private equity funds and ILS funds
- One of the largest investment funds practices in the British Virgin Islands, advising top-tier hedge fund companies and private equity firms
- Ideally suited to assist with the structuring of Cayman Islands vehicles for clients with connections in Asia