Ryan McConvey is a Senior Associate in the Conyers Hong Kong Corporate practice.
He has a broad practice which generally encompasses all aspects of Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands corporate and commercial law with particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, privatisations (including by way of statutory merger or scheme of arrangement), corporate finance, equity capital market transactions (including IPOs and other offerings on the NYSE, Nasdaq and HKSE) and debt capital market transactions (both secured and unsecured, including an array of bond and high-yield note offerings: investment grade, senior unsecured, high yield, convertible and exchangeable, credit enhanced and perpetual).
Ryan was included on the ALB Hong Kong Rising Stars 2023 list having been recognised by Asian Legal Business as one of Hong Kong’s top 30 next generation lawyers who have demonstrated great potential in the industry, while earning wide acclaim from their clients in the process.
- Advised Redco Properties Group Limited in connection with its US$904 million tender offer for its existing 8.0% senior notes due 2022, 11.0% senior notes due 2022 and 13.0% senior notes due 2023; consent solicitation with respect to certain proposed amendments to the above-mentioned 11.0% and 13.0% senior notes; and the concurrent consent solicitation with respect to certain proposed amendments to its outstanding 10.5% senior notes due 2023 and 9.9% senior notes due 2024. (March 2022)
This matter has won Deals of the year 2022 by China Business Law Journal. It was also shortlisted as High Yield Deal of the Year by IFLR Asia Pacific Awards 2023.
- Advised Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Company Limited on its successful restructuring of its 3 tranches of New York law governed senior notes in an aggregate principal amount of approximately US$450 million. (April 2022)
This matter was nominated at the IFLR Asia Pacific Awards 2023 for Restructuring Deal of the Year.
- Advised JMH Company Limited in connection with its issue of an aggregate principal amount of US$1.2 billion guaranteed bonds guaranteed by Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited. (April 2021)
This matter was nominated at the ALB Hong Kong Law Awards 2021 for Debt Market Deal of the Year.
- Advises New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc. in connection with its HK$10.13 billion (US$1.31 billion) global offering and secondary listing on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. (November 2020)
This matter won the China Business Law Journal’s Deal of the Year 2020. This matter was also nominated at the ALB Hong Kong Law Awards 2021 for Equity Market Deal of the Year.
- Advises Huazhu Group Limited in connection with its issue of the aggregate principal amount of US$500 million 3.00% convertible senior notes due 2026. (May 2020)
This matter was shortlisted for ALB China Law Awards 2021 ‘Equity Market Deal of the Year – Midsize’.
- Advises MBK Partners HK Limited in connection with the privatisation of eHi Car Services Limited by way of merger. (April 2019)
This matter was named M&A Deal of the Year by Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards 2019 and won the M&A Deal of the Year at the IFLR Asia-Pacific awards 2020. It was also shortlisted as M&A Deal of the Year – Midsize at The 17th SSQ ALB China Law Awards 2020.
- Advised PagSeguro Digital Ltd. in connection with its US$2.3 billion initial public offering of 105.4 million shares on the New York Stock Exchange (Ticker Symbol: PAGS). (January 2018)
This matter won the Latin Lawyer Deal of the Year award for Capital Markets and LatinFinance Deal of the Year Award for Initial Public Offering of the Year.
- The University of Law, Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (LPC), Commendation, 2015
- The University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, 2014
- University of Gloucestershire, B.A. Business Management, First-Class Honours, 2013
- Cayman Islands Bar, Attorney-at-Law, 2017
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as “Hong Kong Rising Stars 2023” by Asian Legal Business Magazine
- Cayman Islands Legal Practitioners Association